Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had full insta air suspension installed for my 2012 Road Glide and it instant up's at 170 psi. I was wondering what would be good riding pressures for front and back suspension?

All input welcome,
Thanks

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
That's gonna depend on what you like and are comfortable with. Play around with different pressures until you have one you like

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
It's a little more critical than that. Need more info. What are you using up front? Pistons, cylinders, or air over oil. My bimba cylinders required 175 psi to fully extend. I now run air/oil, no pistons. Run those at 75 psi. Rides great. For my rear it's somewhere between 70-90 depending on conditions. I run the monroes out back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
air ride

It's a little more critical than that. Need more info. What are you using up front? Pistons, cylinders, or air over oil. My bimba cylinders required 175 psi to fully extend. I now run air/oil, no pistons. Run those at 75 psi. Rides great. For my rear it's somewhere between 70-90 depending on conditions. I run the monroes out back.
Thanks, I'm running pistons with spring, oil and air in front and Arnott Aldan air in rear. I had the Aldan dialed down on my last trip and the bike road great. Now I added front air because I have a 23' front wheel with a bolt on Picard Trees, and the bike bangs off stop insert in front forks. I thought the air would take care of that problem and I am sure it will but I wasn't thinking about the ride, I don't want to lose the comfort I had.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for input, I was just curious about 175 psi which sounds way high and will probably ride like a rigid, but like you said I guess I will have to play with the air to see what is comfortable, ride safe brother.

·
Registered
110 Posts
thelastknight, I've got a couple questions for you:

1. Did you get your front air pistons installed yet
2. If so, do you like the ride
3. when you said it instant up's to 170, do you mean the rear instant up's to 170
4. Is your instant up pressure not adjustable

I'm thinking about going with front piston and spring kit, but I'm having second thoughts. I don't want to lose the nice ride of the RGU. If I pull the trigger, I'll go with Dirtyworks kit. Big Al said it takes 130psi to lift the bike, but 100psi is a good riding pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts