Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed the new speakers yesterday. That went fine but now my air temp gauge doesnt work. I didnt get to ride the bike yesterday or i would have noticed it imediately. From what i read in the owners book, all the instruments are in one 15a fuse? If so then that cant be it. Any suggestions? I cant tear into the fairing till next week. Yes im under warranty, yes im still under 1k miles.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Take a hammer and hit the gauge with it. Then go to you stealer and order up the Oil Temp gauge. Air temp is fairly easy to discern, just put your face in the open air and voila! Instant air temp

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
are you sure it worked before cuz they suck from the factory. +1 on the oil temp gauge

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
A wire could have been pulled and not reinstalled during speaker install.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So i installed the new speakers yesterday. That went fine but now my air temp gauge doesnt work. I didnt get to ride the bike yesterday or i would have noticed it imediately. From what i read in the owners book, all the instruments are in one 15a fuse? If so then that cant be it. Any suggestions? I cant tear into the fairing till next week. Yes im under warranty, yes im still under 1k miles.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
The sensor or the temp gauge is located next to the radio, white in color. What your reading (when it's working) is the temp inside the fairing! You most likely knocked loose one of the wires on the back side, just above the speaker. You could, if you want, relocate the sensor to the bottom of the fairing, feeding the wires thru one of the two little holes at the bottom. Then with double sided tape mount it at the bottom of the inner fairing.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nice to know about the air temp gauge sensor - next time I have the clamshell apart I'll look to relocate that sensor.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The sensor or the temp gauge is located next to the radio, white in color. What your reading (when it's working) is the temp inside the fairing! You most likely knocked loose one of the wires on the back side, just above the speaker. You could, if you want, relocate the sensor to the bottom of the fairing, feeding the wires thru one of the two little holes at the bottom. Then with double sided tape mount it at the bottom of the inner fairing.
What year are you talking about? The air temp sensor on my 2011 was located on the underside of the gauge bezel. Its a small L-shaped black doohickey... looks like this:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The air temp sensor on my 2011 was located on the underside of the gauge bezel. Its a small L-shaped black doohickey.
Yep. Exactly the same on my 2012. With the sensor mounted under the gauge nacelle, it's not terribly inaccurate. I mean, I wouldn't use to cook a turkey or anything, but it's as accurate as any bank thermometer, or those in cars for that matter.

Garvin90, I'm betting you just knocked a wire off of the back of the gauge. It's easy to do, and an easy fix.

Just park your bike somewhere near HD_Shock. He has a torx with him, you know. It wouldn't take very long.....

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Just park your bike somewhere near HD_Shock. He has a torx with him, you know. It wouldn't take very long.....
Well don't park it anywhere near Jay! He'd use an impact gun with that torx bit ... just for the zip zip sounds! :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
What year are you talking about? The air temp sensor on my 2011 was located on the underside of the gauge bezel. Its a small L-shaped black doohickey... looks like this:

Yep, that's where mine was on my '09. Took me forever to find it when I was replacing it with an oil temp gauge.

·
Registered
124 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts