Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi which aircleaner is the best if you have lower leg fairings i have oem stock aircleaner stage 1 on my 2015 fltrxs now,and has anybody tested some from china or is it crap.:smile:

·
Registered
152 Posts

This is what I'm going with, although any stage 1 is going to perform about the same for most mods. And yes China stuff is junk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Actually the stock HD high flow air filter provides all the air the bikes engine will ever need, any K&N style air filter will work just fine with any air filter cover you decide on. Basically it all in what you want for looks because one Hi Flow air filter will not outperform the other.

Reactions: Tailbreaker

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks,my thougts its beacause the air inlet is in front of my aircleaner and the lower legfairings maybe take some air away from inlet of the aircleaner.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
I tried the Big Sucker style air cleaner with my lower fairings and I didn't like it but that's JMO. I put speakers in my lower fairings so the Big Sucker air filter wouldn't work so I just use the HD Hi Flow air filter with the cover of my choice and it works well.

Reactions: ultra98

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
it really is pretty much a question of looks. in the past, moving away from the stock ac would yield you a pretty good performance boost. now, not so much, the stock flows pretty good. until you start building up your motor, then all bets are off.

I started with the heavy breather with compact filter:

then I moved to the ventilator. I like it because it doesn't look like it's jammed up against the lowers.

Reactions: ultra98
1 - 7 of 7 Posts