Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's time for a new helmet. My Leatherup half is done. Looking at the 88. What has been everyones experience with fit? After measuring my head, I came up at 23.25" which is at the bottom end of a large. Just wondering if I should step down to a medium. Figure after break in it might be a better fit. Measuring was also done with a small metal tape. so the 23.25 may not be truely accurate.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Use a good tape that doesn't stretch. Use centimeters. If you wear any kind of do rag under the helmet measure with that on. Mine was right in between medium and large (58.7cm). It said go with a medium so I did. It fits perfectly. It is snug though. If I had measured 1 cm larger I would definitely need a large. Love the helmet and Blackbeards gear was great to purchase from.

·
Registered
2021 RGS
574 Posts
The metal tape probably didn't fit snug around your head, leaving some gaps, making the measurement a bit bigger. I'd say go with the medium. Mine ran true to size, but I needed an XL for my big noggin. Love the helmet!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My head measured exactly the same and I purchased the Large and the fit is perfect.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I went with the hat size method for both mine and my ol' lady's helmets from Akoury and they were both true to size, so the hat size aspect of their chart is accurate if you happen to know your hat size.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the helmet in medium. Fits nice and snug, but not bothersome. Only thing I don't like is it fits low on the ol' noggin. Have to bend top of my ears. Would have liked a little more padding in the top of the helmet to make it sit a little higher.

It's very light. Don't notice it like my old Leatherup half I had. If you don't mind the low fit ( I got used to it quickly) then it's a real nice helmet.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Love mine. Nice low profile, light, The quick release latch is a added bonus,
Great Product.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
After reading so many positive posts I finally broke down and ordered an AK 88 and have been wearing it the past two weeks. As others said, it's true to size. Awesome helmet!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
After reading so many positive posts I finally broke down and ordered an AK 88 and have been wearing it the past two weeks. As others said, it's true to size. Awesome helmet!
Where did you order from?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Where did you order from?
Ordered mine from Blackbeard. Great guy to work with and sends them out Priority mail. Ordered on Tuesday, had it Friday. The sizes are dead on when measured with a sewing soft tape.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is Blackbeard the name of a guy or a website?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Website, look him by google. Also is you google Akoury 88, he will pop up there. He gets them out same day and you get it in 3 days.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Sorry for not getting back. Been in Sturgis. I just ordered the AK88 direct from Akoury. Cost $90 plus shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts