Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike didn't come with an alarm. Don't know if its that necessary where I live andMostly ride. HD is $350 installed. What are other options you guys use? Thanks.

·
Administrator
10,483 Posts
if you have the security system without the audible alarm , then the audible is around $100 and you can install it in less than three minutes

there is a thread somewhere around here for installing an alarm from Radio Shack

JtB

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Guard Dawg & Gorilla make decent aftermarket units.
Guard Dawg had a plug & play for around $150.00

·
Registered
221 Posts
Unless their prices changed the security module is 350 and you still have to pay labor which I think was estimated at an hour and a half, which made no sense to me, since you just plug it in. Anyway, it was $500 to have Harley install the security module. That was the start of my dealership hatred.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yeah, $500.00

I got the HD Smart Security about a year after purchase. You pretty much have to have An HD tech do the install so they can marry the fobs to your bike.
All said and done, it was about $500.
I put the Radio Shack siren on. It's plenty loud and only $5 or $6.
I don't regret going with the HD system. It's made to go seemlessly into the electronics of the motorcycle and I'm happy with the feeling of security I now have. Even if it is just a feeling. If somebody really wants to steal your motorcycle, no electronic security system is gonna stop em.

HSP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts