Road Glide banner

Alberta Spring 2013 Ride in Breakfast!

3K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  calgaryglide 
#1 ·
Just like the title says.

Meet in Red Deer for a meet and greet ride in Breakfast on a Saturday or Sunday before the May long weekend.

I vote for Sunday May 5th, Denny's Red Deer, south side Gaetz Avenue.

Any other date/place suggestions?

Calgaryglide (Troy)

#9 ·
Bump.

Weather sucks today, wet flurries with some sticking to the ground and will be cold and wet this weekend for sure. Bike is sitting in the shop all ready to go.:mad:

Storing 2 batwings in there at the moment as well, everybody wants to ride but the weather just sucks.

DR and JTB would love to have ya'll make it for brunch/lunch ride in meet and greet, anytime guys anytime!

#10 ·
Bump.

Weather sucks today, wet flurries with some sticking to the ground and will be cold and wet this weekend for sure. Bike is sitting in the shop all ready to go.:mad:

Storing 2 batwings in there at the moment as well, everybody wants to ride but the weather just sucks.
Sorry, it looks like I won't be able to make it. 20 CM of Snow in the forecast and the bike is in the shop to boot! :p...but at least SWIII looks promising :)

#12 ·
Looks like the sun finally going to heat up this iceberg we call Canada.
Next week we should see some 60's maybe melt the last of this white stuff.
Can't wait for the sun to shine so we can all ride again.:D

Any other Albertans coming to the meet and greet in Red Deer?

#14 ·
I'm planning on going but not sure what time the meet is Reddeer.
If anyone wants to meet for the ride up. We could meet at the Costco gas bar in Balzac around 8:30 am. I might have a few other RGs in tow as well.
Let me know and we'll stop at Costco for a half hour to round up any others.

#16 ·
Ride is still on even if it is just a trip north for those from the south. Not much response from those in N. Alberta. I will pm a couple folks and see if they are interested.

Balzac Costco 08:30 am sounds good to me.

Troy

#17 ·
Seems like a lot of the folks that I pm'd from the North (and the South) are busy with other events that they have committed too.

No harm, they all want to meet up but just can't this weekend.

So ride is still on from Calgary to Red Deer for breakfast, maybe do a loop either west to Rotten Monkey House and back down the 22 or east out to the 21 then south.

Open to suggestions from those that meet up for the ride.

#19 ·
OK,

From right to left; Maddog69, Austin (not a RG.org member but a shark owner) and Steve (on a borrowed Road King, ownes a Victory Judge) and my rootbeerglide at Coscto Balzac, Alberta (Yes that really is the name of the town) I'm taking the pic and that is the rootbeerglide in the middle hiding the Road King.

[/URL]

Met at 08:45 am and had a great 180 mile ride including breakfast and a pitstop in Sundre, AB. Saw lots of sharks all colors all day long on the roads.

Going to try and organize another M&G in Red Deer for mid June and possibly one in Rocky Mountain house in the fall.

#21 ·
Jonneau,

Take the time to heal up, there will be other opportunities for sure, might put together an evening M&G during the week for those of us in Calgary and area this summer.

Regards,

Calgaryglide

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.