Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm super pumped up about this music event as I think it has the potential to be the best concert of the year ... at least for my musical taste. Three sons of Gregg Alman, Dickie Betts, and Berry Oakley have made two albums and have been touring for the past 3+ years. Every couple years they do what they call the Allman Family Revival. It's a series of concerts across the country (19 or 20 venues all within 30 days) that are done in the vein of the Band's "Last Dance". Their band acts as the 'house band' and they invite several of their favorite performers to come perform with them. I'm going next Friday and I can't to see this 3+ hour jam session. Original member Dickie Betts lives here so I'm pretty show he'll show up and sit in with the boys next week. They've added a couple more dates than what's shown below so google another tour schedule if you want to look beyond what's here.

All-star Allman Family Revival tour announced | Guitar World

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
I'd love to see this show , but dont see dropping 4 Bill's on a concert after all said and done is a little high. If they were a little closer might be doable.

Reactions: Little Wing

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'd love to see this show , but dont see dropping 4 Bill's on a concert after all said and done is a little high. If they were a little closer might be doable.
x2
Robert Randolph is very good.
JackieSprat absolutely loves Beth Hart.
can't speak for the others, but yeah if they were closer maybe

·
10,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Allman Brothers to be thankful to for introducing me to the blues many, many moons ago. I've been a fan of both all these years.

I got lucky, the concert in Sarasota is only about 50 minutes from me and tickets were only $60. The theater only holds 1,700 people so there are no bad seats. I imagine we'll be standing for at least half the night.

Reactions: Big_gary and Oclaf

·
10,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah they been advertising on the radio in Atlanta about this ..

Fifty years ago Live at Fillmore East was released , Eat a Peach will be fifty next year ..

Early years were the best IMO ..

JtB
They added a show in Macon on New Years Eve. I'm thinking of maybe going to that show too, but maybe won't due to all the live music we have here now that we're about to be 'in season'. The day after the Sarasota show, I'm headed with a buddy to the Bradenton Blues Festival. They have 6 acts over 9 hours.

·
10,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My go to channel on Pandora is the Allman Brothers channel. Hope you have a good time. I prefer to control the volume of the music I listen to.
[/QUOT

Aw, come on .... there's nothing like attending live music events. I can sit home and listen to music 24 hours a day if I want, but there's nothing that replaces live music events for me.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
that gold top les paul that betts is playing looks like the one that duane had.
they tried to auction it off a few years ago.

here's vince gill playing a tribute:

the big house in macon has a museum of sorts for their memorabilia collection.

that blues voice that greg had stands out with the best of 'em

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
I have the Allman Brothers to be thankful to for introducing me to the blues many, many moons ago. I've been a fan of both all these years.

I got lucky, the concert in Sarasota is only about 50 minutes from me and tickets were only $60. The theater only holds 1,700 people so there are no bad seats. I imagine we'll be standing for at least half the night.
I've seen the Allman Brothers band 3 or 4 times back in the 80s. Seen Greg and Dickie once or twice when they were travelling on there own. Never a bad show.
The best thing was the ticket prices were maybe $15 bucks back in the 80s. Seen Dickie at a county Fair for free one yr. The last time I seen, just Greg here in Sav, I believe the ticket was only around $45. I know prices have gone up and ,Not that I can afford it , I just work to hard to spend that kinda cash on a concert. Rather spend it on other stuff.

·
Administrator
12,006 Posts
Never really cared for live concerts , probably because from early on , I was exposed to lots of loud noise from firearms and farm equipment , then many years in the Navy .. I been hard of hearing for prolly fitty years ..

Never saw them in concert ..

SkyDog was/is IMO the greatest guitarist hands down ..

I will settle for listening to Fillmore and Peach on the stereo these days ..

JtB

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
475 Posts
Do the best guitarist have to be in Rock&Roll? No

Then I will put Roy Clark or Chet Adkins
In the mix of greats, quit laughing.....
We got a guy here in Texas that goes by the name of Junior Brown, and this guy left me totally amazed, I saw him in a Smokey bar here in Texas

·
Registered
319 Posts
Always loved ABB and I've seen them and some of the solo acts over the years. Last one was about 8 years ago...Dickies band 'Great Southern'. His son played with them but Dickie is one of a kind.

Tons of world class guitarists are out there that play all different kinds of music. I appreciate all of them. Don't care if its chicken pickin country, blues, progressive rock, jazz, acoustic...truely a pleasure to watch a master of their craft perform no matter what music they play.

Here's a couple of iconic acoustic guys that will blow you away

Tommy Emanual

Preston Reed

·
Administrator
12,006 Posts
That Junior Brown song is so close to home, shaking head sideways,
No that's a guitar rip.....😂😂😂
Yeah I meant R&R , Roy and Chet were great , love Junior Brown , he's awesome indeed ..

Highway Patrol is another great one he does ...

Got lots of his music in my playlists ..

JtB

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
475 Posts
JTB
Junior Brown is from North Central Texas, which is where I am from, I've seen him play in many club-style atmosphere, after seeing him in a smoky ass barroom back in 1980, I was hooked!! More like mesmerised!!
I have always had a wide-based, of music that I've listened to, I like all kinds of music except for Lawrence Welk never did like him or his music but I do have a very Broad genre....
You my friend,must have a wide variety of music as well, cause any body could mention favorites, like Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, but to go outside the box, with the likes of Junior Brown, is impressive, my Big 5 gallon hat is off to ya!!! 🤣🤣

·
Administrator
12,006 Posts
JTB
Junior Brown is from North Central Texas, which is where I am from, I've seen him play in many club-style atmosphere, after seeing him in a smoky ass barroom back in 1980, I was hooked!! More like mesmerised!!
I have always had a wide-based, of music that I've listened to, I like all kinds of music except for Lawrence Welk never did like him or his music but I do have a very Broad genre....
You my friend,must have a wide variety of music as well, cause any body could mention favorites, like Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, but to go outside the box, with the likes of Junior Brown, is impressive, my Big 5 gallon hat is off to ya!!! 🤣🤣
Yes I have a pretty broad taste as well , grew up with E.T. and Jim Reeves , Bob Wills , speaking of E.T. , this is my favorite Junior song .. Even kinda sounds like E.T. And he will have you one a his guit steels built for last I herd 15 thou ..

JtB

·
Administrator
12,006 Posts
So if you like Junior , you prolly like Don Edwards , I love him .. Posted some a his music here a while back ..

JtB

My favorite of his .. You can close your eyes and clear your head and see this play out ..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts