Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
Yeah they been advertising on the radio in Atlanta about this ..

Fifty years ago Live at Fillmore East was released , Eat a Peach will be fifty next year ..

Early years were the best IMO ..

JtB

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
Never really cared for live concerts , probably because from early on , I was exposed to lots of loud noise from firearms and farm equipment , then many years in the Navy .. I been hard of hearing for prolly fitty years ..

Never saw them in concert ..

SkyDog was/is IMO the greatest guitarist hands down ..

I will settle for listening to Fillmore and Peach on the stereo these days ..

JtB

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
That Junior Brown song is so close to home, shaking head sideways,
No that's a guitar rip.....😂😂😂
Yeah I meant R&R , Roy and Chet were great , love Junior Brown , he's awesome indeed ..

Highway Patrol is another great one he does ...

Got lots of his music in my playlists ..

JtB

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
JTB
Junior Brown is from North Central Texas, which is where I am from, I've seen him play in many club-style atmosphere, after seeing him in a smoky ass barroom back in 1980, I was hooked!! More like mesmerised!!
I have always had a wide-based, of music that I've listened to, I like all kinds of music except for Lawrence Welk never did like him or his music but I do have a very Broad genre....
You my friend,must have a wide variety of music as well, cause any body could mention favorites, like Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, but to go outside the box, with the likes of Junior Brown, is impressive, my Big 5 gallon hat is off to ya!!! 🤣🤣
Yes I have a pretty broad taste as well , grew up with E.T. and Jim Reeves , Bob Wills , speaking of E.T. , this is my favorite Junior song .. Even kinda sounds like E.T. And he will have you one a his guit steels built for last I herd 15 thou ..

JtB

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
So if you like Junior , you prolly like Don Edwards , I love him .. Posted some a his music here a while back ..

JtB

My favorite of his .. You can close your eyes and clear your head and see this play out ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts