Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally finished the rear air shocks. I found you cant control the height by pressure, so I almost went with lowered shocks. But I decided to make it work. I programmed a microprocessor to constantly monitor and display the height on an lcd.

Attachments

· Registered
2,498 Posts
well damn...I'm impressed with the air tank. Never thought about that.

· Registered
963 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, The air tank wasn't my idea. Someone makes them for $450. exchange. I just happen to have a tig welder and I'm cheap. As for the shock height, I drug one of my new extended bags thinking I was at ride height at 80 lbs, and I wasn't!! I was not about to ride to South Dakota not knowing my shock height. I still have the auto air controller I built to put on, but will wait until I get back and get the front done to put it on. It will be nice to set it and forget it. This height measuring system will be a nice addition to the auto air. See you in Sturgis!! adown

· Registered
1,710 Posts
I finally finished the rear air shocks. I found you cant control the height by pressure, so I almost went with lowered shocks. But I decided to make it work. I used a linear transducer and a microprocessor to constantly monitor and display the height on an lcd. I programmed it for the front also for when I finally get the pistons. Heres a couple pics

What about the flux capacitor ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The Ride Height Monitor and Auto Air Controller are finished. I've been testing the Ride Height Monitor for almost a year, and the Auto Air Controller for about 7 months. I will get some video up on youtube or my facebook next week after Hollister.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.