Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys usig this headunit,have you found any issues with the thumb drive size,as in big ones to big,etc..and also what about the way the music is stored or filed on them,i read a few reviews last night about alpines and some of the problems they were having when they first came out

·
Registered
516 Posts
So far no problems... I mounted a flush mount usb in my left glove box, that allows me to use usb or 3.5mm aux.... I decided to use a 16gb mini usb that barely sticks out in the glove box... The thumb drive is the size of a dime... It displays the song info (artist, album, title) you can even create folders.... Here's the links...

Amazon.com : USB & 3.5mm AUX extension Flush Mount 2 Meter Audio cable, 1/8 AUX Car Bike Boat Motercycle Lead : Power Converters : Electronics

Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB Flash Drive SDCZ33-016G-B35: Electronics

·
Registered
587 Posts
You can store approximately 3200 songs in MP3 format on a 16GB thumb drive. More if they are the smaller WMA format. They sell these everywhere. I think I found this one by SanDisk on sale at Office Depot while shopping for something totally unrelated for $12. The real small ones like this thumb drive are a little more expensive than the typical size flash drives.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it all working,still a bit confussing but im getting there,what I have noticed with the usb is the head unit does not show song or artist,is this normal?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Look to the right of the display screen. See the little button than looks like an eye? Hit it until you get the Artist - Song Title to show on the display. Mess around with it dude :cool:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanxs bro,funny thing I actually cant find that eye button In the manual,works well,is there anyway to make the clock image larger,i played but could seem to get it to do that

·
Registered
137 Posts
So far no problems... I mounted a flush mount usb in my left glove box, that allows me to use usb or 3.5mm aux.... I decided to use a 16gb mini usb that barely sticks out in the glove box... The thumb drive is the size of a dime... It displays the song info (artist, album, title) you can even create folders.... Here's the links...

Amazon.com : USB & 3.5mm AUX extension Flush Mount 2 Meter Audio cable, 1/8 AUX Car Bike Boat Motercycle Lead : Power Converters : Electronics

Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB Flash Drive SDCZ33-016G-B35: Electronics
Can you take a photo of the usb mounted in your glove box?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts