Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a Alpine 149BT in my RG about 6 months ago. I can connect to my iPhone 6 via bluetooth but I must have the phone in my glove box to work. I installed the same head unit in my buddy's 12 SG this weekend and he has reception in a 20' circle of his bike. Does anyone know why my reception is so bad? Is anyone else having this issue with this radio? My girl likes to ride with me and she runs the tunes, she must reach around in front of me holding the phone to change a song or have it play. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
I have installed a Alpine 149BT in my RG about 6 months ago. I can connect to my iPhone 6 via bluetooth but I must have the phone in my glove box to work. I installed the same head unit in my buddy's 12 SG this weekend and he has reception in a 20' circle of his bike. Does anyone know why my reception is so bad? Is anyone else having this issue with this radio? My girl likes to ride with me and she runs the tunes, she must reach around in front of me holding the phone to change a song or have it play. Thanks in advance.
Mine works siting beside the bike using my Galaxy Note 4 streaming Pandora. I don't bluethooth much besides my initial set up. I like the usb thumb drive. Have you tried another device ?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have the same head unit. Not sure of the range on the road but it works all over my garage. The problem probably isn't the distance, it's probably that the signal has to go through you to get to the head unit if she's sitting on the back. BT signals aren't very good at going through things.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wondered about that but I was sitting on my buddy's bike and he was behind me a good 20' and it still worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone experiencing these same issues?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yes same here.
Can't place my phone in the saddlebags or tourpack, signal brake off and on. I ran a USB extension cable to the tourpack for connection.
Maybe HD RF noise interfere braking down the range.
Even with that minor issues like the radio over the factory.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Mine works fine when in the glove boxes or on my iron aces mount but cuts out a lot even when it is just in my pocket so I don't use the bluetooth that much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same unit and have the same problem with mine. I think it's because the RG head unit faces up away from your pockets where as the SG faces straight at you. That's my theory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts