Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IPod Docking Harness 72651-11 took a crap and it is $140 at Harley so I am looking to just change the head unit now.
I am no expert in this area at all and I am sure this is a repeat of questions so I apologize.
Looking at the Alpine CDE-143BT head unit.
What do I need to use the handlebar controls?
Protective weather cover because I get caught in rain sometime?
Any issues hooking up the the J&M AMP JAMP 500HR11-UL?
Is my iPod interface I installed, 76476-10 Not needed anymore with the new head unit?
Best place to purchase equipment with easy installation instructions?
Credit card has an itch, :grin:

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
IPod Docking Harness 72651-11 took a crap and it is $140 at Harley so I am looking to just change the head unit now.
I am no expert in this area at all and I am sure this is a repeat of questions so I apologize.
Looking at the Alpine CDE-143BT head unit.
What do I need to use the handlebar controls?
Protective weather cover because I get caught in rain sometime?
Any issues hooking up the the J&M AMP JAMP 500HR11-UL?
Is my iPod interface I installed, 76476-10 Not needed anymore with the new head unit?
Best place to purchase equipment with easy installation instructions?
Credit card has an itch, :grin:

Thanks for the help
May I suggest the bt149 instead. Its got a better read out that's better seen during daylight. Its an awesome HU.
I went with this install kit with rain cover
Motorcycle Audio Accessories | V-Twin Audio & More » VTURCR, Combo! VTURA dash adapter, VTWCR water cover splash guard for 1998 to 2013 Harley FLTR Models
Hawgwired makes a good handlebar control interface, but if you're pinching pennies , the SCOSCHE HDSWC1 works well.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have the 149 in my 11 also. I bought a longer weatherproof USB extension and ran it down the wire tray, up thru the bottom of the tour pak and put my Ipod in there. That way I can lock it up and not worry about someone stealing it out of my glove box.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crutchfield is suggesting the iDatalink ADS-SW-HD1 Wiring Interface for use of handlebar controls, any reason not to use this one?

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Crutchfield is suggesting the iDatalink ADS-SW-HD1 Wiring Interface for use of handlebar controls, any reason not to use this one?

Thanks again
Sorry dood, I’ve got nothing on that. I did google it and if you have the push to talk and whatever else it controls and you use those functions then I can’t see why it wouldn’t work for you. I know nothing about the brand though. I know the axxess works for me...even when I change radio brands. Though I have a custom that doesn’t have the Ultra’s features. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
I know some module's had resistors you had to soder in on the harness. Not sure about this one. The Scosche , Pac , and Hawgwired , that's already done for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts