Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who has an Alpine installed on there glide. Which model? Which wiring harness for controls? Rain cover? Any issues or regrets? Can you hook up your garmin to allow voice through speakers, thanks

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I had one on my last glide. I had the IDA305. I loved it. The screen was still kind of hard to see in direct sunlight but that was the only issue.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was wondering who has an Alpine installed on there glide. Which model? Which wiring harness for controls? Rain cover? Any issues or regrets? Can you hook up your garmin to allow voice through speakers, thanks
Ive had two on mine and would never consider any other brand. Ran Biketronics kit and it worked fine on both of them. First was an IDA-X001 now currently running the CDE-149BT. My only issue with the new deck is it is not as visible in the daylight as my old one was. Never had any rain covers and have been in rain with both units several times. Never hooked up a garmin but I imagine it would voice through the unit if you used the USB port I know my iphone does when I use my navigation

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Subscribed I am thinking about going away from the Sony and getting an Alpine this go round for my double din.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I run a Alpine also can't remember what model I have. Cost 99 bucks at Best Buy. Cant see the display during the daylight, love the blue tooth, and iPod feature using the iPhone. HUGE upgrade from the HK.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I absolutely love my Alpine CDE-HD149BT with three-line Full Rich LCD display. You can read everything clear on the display in summer sun, plus it has all the latest bells and whistles. It's the latest in the Alpine line and was just released back in August. You have your choice of 4 different lighting colors, the Amber/Red matches my CVO gauges and tank lights perfectly. Save your pennies though, it's not cheap at $320.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cde-hd149bt

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just installed an Alpine CDE-HD149BT this weekend .Already head a Biketronics 454 amp and 6.5 Titan speakers installed it with V-Twin Audio install kit could not get over the increase in clarity over the stock HK could only crank it to 3/4 volume in garage otherwise it was almost painful how loud it was .I am happy .

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just installed an Alpine CDE-HD149BT this weekend .Already head a Biketronics 454 amp and 6.5 Titan speakers installed it with V-Twin Audio install kit could not get over the increase in clarity over the stock HK could only crank it to 3/4 volume in garage otherwise it was almost painful how loud it was .I am happy .
It's sweet ain't it? What color you set your display to?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Alpine

That is a nice deck ... I put one in my sons car ... But is easy and makes me want one for the bike .... Only concern is getting wet as I ride in all condition ... Would love to have the Bluetooth on the bike ..

·
Registered
587 Posts
Anyone have one that is just bluetooth? I'd like to just be able to stream sirusxm via phone

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Alpine has a large line-up. You can get a unit without CD and HD radio. Make sure it has the "BT" in the model number. I bought one for $99 at Best Buy last nught for my son's truck. He just wanted Bluetooth and USB.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just bought this on ebay-Alpine CDE-HD149BT now does it matter what kind of amp I use with this,not sure on ohms or anything else? im thinking of a soundstream nano 4.52 and the hertz hcx 6.5 speakers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just bought this on ebay-Alpine CDE-HD149BT now does it matter what kind of amp I use with this,not sure on ohms or anything else? im thinking of a soundstream nano 4.52 and the hertz hcx 6.5 speakers.
GOOD Choice! Look at my sig and you'll see my setup. I have an Alpine PDX-M6 mounted in one of my bags. It's a tried and true performer and goes well with your new head unit, which is the same one I have. Hertz, my first choice for speaker. Focal and JL Audio a very close 2nd.

Amp Details: http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/pdx-f6/

Amp Video: http://youtu.be/KgVoDRE9Y8U"]http://youtu.be/KgVoDRE9Y8U[/URL]

·
Registered
290 Posts
that amp says its 600watts x1 and they call it a mono block,so am seeing this as a subwoofer amp,how do you run multiple speakers from it and why do they call it a mono block?

·
Registered
587 Posts
that amp says its 600watts x1 and they call it a mono block,so am seeing this as a subwoofer amp,how do you run multiple speakers from it and why do they call it a mono block?
Oops, my previous post had wrong link. I in fact have the F6 not the M6. Duh.

Head Unit:

Amp:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I edited my previous post to correct the link to the PDX-F6 :cool:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts