Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know of any bars that look similar to yaffe's monkeybars? I've been reading horror stories of how difficult the bars are to install (getting the cables inside), as well as the razor sharp edges in the bars that can damage wires. The last thing I want happening are my controls failing while riding down the freeway.

I'm really feeling the angled bars on the road glide... but im just not confident in internal characteristics of the yaffes.

Looking at going 10 or 12 inch.

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
My Yaffe's are shit. 2nd pair with powder coat issues. They're not getting them clean enough before powder coat. I'm not going through switching them again. I'll wait until it completely fails and redo them. The knurled part is off center too. You live and learn overpriced for what you get if you ask me. Chrome may not have issues because of the various baths they get.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
My Yaffe's are shit. 2nd pair with powder coat issues. They're not getting them clean enough before powder coat. I'm not going through switching them again. I'll wait until it completely fails and redo them. The knurled part is off center too. You live and learn overpriced for what you get if you ask me. Chrome may not have issues because of the various baths they get.
Wow thats crazy! people rant about how good his bars are. I ordered his tank, i hope that does not suck!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Guy I ride with sometimes got black Monkey Bars they didn't have the knurl to keep them tight but Yaffe will sell you a new top clamp with set screws for $60 so they won't move

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's what you get when you buy something from someone who is more interested in his own image than the quality of his product. And just my $.02, but I think his bikes are ucking fugly...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Guy I ride with sometimes got black Monkey Bars they didn't have the knurl to keep them tight but Yaffe will sell you a new top clamp with set screws for $60 so they won't move
Oh man, don;t scare me! My bars are at Yaffe right now because my HD dealer couldn't wire them, so I haven't gotten them on the bike yet. I'm a FREAK about bar tightness, so if this is a mass issue, that worries me...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts