Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've worked out the pattern for the honeycomb screens and for those that have ordered, they will be shipping tomorrow or Monday depending on the weather and my ability to actually get to the post office.

If any one wants to order some, they will ship within 36 hours of payment. These are $35 per set shipped. Pm me for PayPal info. Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do they come ready to install, do they come with some adhesive to hold vent in place?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you said on another post that they come with install instructions.
Can you post those?
Trying to decide if I want to tackle this or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think you said on another post that they come with install instructions.
Can you post those?
Trying to decide if I want to tackle this or not.
Same here, could you please post how you install them.

·
Registered
600 Posts
This mod really does a lot for the looks of the '15 RG. Although I'm still trying to get used to the new mug, this really helps. Nice job.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok now that I found out you have to remove the front fairing, how much of a pain is it to install?

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Ok now that I found out you have to remove the front fairing, how much of a pain is it to install?
Not hard at all. Once you remove the outer fairing, there's a headlight trim piece on each side of the headlight that two screws holding it on. Remove that piece, lay your screens over the hole, reattach that trim piece and reinstall outer fairing. Kury has a nice video (it's linked on here somewhere) showing how to install their $75 screens:rolleyes:. Major99 is offering a nice deal on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcIFMXhbP0

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not hard at all. Once you remove the outer fairing, there's a headlight trim piece on each side of the headlight that two screws holding it on. Remove that piece, lay your screens over the hole, reattach that trim piece and reinstall outer fairing. Kury has a nice video (it's linked on here somewhere) showing how to install their $75 screens:rolleyes:. Major99 is offering a nice deal on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcIFMXhbP0
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I've been crazy busy with all this damn snow.

Yes , as others have stated, you do need to remove the outer fairing.

first, you remove the speaker grilles. pry gently from the inside of the fairing. I used a screwdriver with the end wrapped in a rag so I didn't scratch anything.
2 lower outside of the speaker hole is a screw on each side. remove them.
3 bottom rear where there are 2 screws from the inner to the outer fairing, remove just the lower screw on each side.
4 remove the hex bolt that you can see at the back of your turn signal bracket.
5 now, the only thing holding your outer fairing on is the 4 screws for your windshield. a second set of hands may be useful to hold the fairing on while you remove the screws. (I used my beer gut)
6 slide the outer fairing about an inch toward the front of the bike and hold it there.
7 grab the top vent assembly and gently pull toward the front and up, it will pop out pretty easily.
8 now you can unplug your front turn signals and remove the outer fairing.

the vent screens fit in the opening and get sandwiched between the inner and outer fairing and the trim piece that is on each side of the headlight assembly. once you get the screens in, you reverse the process and put it all back together.

The whole process should take about 30-45 minutes with a beer break.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got my screens Friday and put them in Saturday. They look sharp! Definitely a good bang for the $ mod. Removing the outer fairing is easy, even by yourself so don't let that stop you. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but since the new fairing is all about the aero dynamics and buffeting, have you noticed the air being disrupted at high way speeds after these were installed.

I'm taking cover.......ok go :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but since the new fairing is all about the aero dynamics and buffeting, have you noticed the air being disrupted at high way speeds after these were installed.

I'm taking cover.......ok go :D
No it's a reasonable question. I had the other style on for my last ride of the season which was about 150 miles. I honestly didn't notice a difference. That ride was back roads mostly but a couple good stretches of secondary highways (55-70 mph).

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my screens Friday and put them in Saturday. They look sharp! Definitely a good bang for the $ mod. Removing the outer fairing is easy, even by yourself so don't let that stop you. Here's a pic of mine.
Looking for feedback on the instructions. Is there anything I should edit? Thanks..

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Looking for feedback on the instructions. Is there anything I should edit? Thanks..
I followed the video on mine. Took the vent off first and then was able to access the speaker covers from the rear. Was able to push them out without having to pry them out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts