Road Glide banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question About Using Amazon Music With USB - 2015

I think, from what I've read here, that using a USB drive will be a lot less hassle for me than trying to use my iPod or iPhone. I really like the idea of not having to disconnect the iPod every time I get off the bike. (It should be assumed that simply connecting my iPod did NOT result in my being able to play music with it. I haven't tried any of the workarounds.)

I use Amazon for all my music -- not iTunes. I have several playlists and I want to create duplicate lists (by copying, not recreating) on the USB.

How do I do that quickly, easily, where I can choose a specific list while riding, and where I can control the shuffle, skip, etc. via the Boom Box joysticks?

I've seen people talk about making m3.up (or something) files and that seems really confusing.

If anybody has any ideas -- step-by-step, I'd be grateful!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm certainly no expert, but what I did was I had some music in my computer from CD's I copied. All I did was copy them to a thumb drive, stick that in the bike and it read it and plays it. :)

Now what I found afterwards was be SURE once the thumb drive is read and playing, go to the menu screen and make SURE you have SEEK checked and not SCAN. Otherwise the skip feature will not work on the left side control. Depending on how your music is copied it may or may not show artist,song title on the screen.

Like you I hated the blue tooth Ipod thing. I just wanted to set it and go, and the thumb drive is the way to go!!!:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.