Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to match Amber Whiskey paint ?? I'm trying to have my paint match the inner fairing. My painter is an excellent painter and has been doing my work for years but this one is kicking his ass. HD is PPG paint but none of the supplies is showing a match for Amber Whiskey. This candy metallic paint is a pain in the ass to shoot also, very low pressure.

Question: 1. Who has the Best price from a Dealer for paint??
2. Anybody around central Arkansas painted this color before.
3. HELP
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
If it were me, I'd call Paul at Painted Harley Fairings and ask him.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I wonder if the MOCO is using water base paint yet. I hear from a friend that solvent paint will never match water base paint.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I just went through this with my painter for mirage orange pearl. After talking with my local dealer and Jon (Pcpain) about getting a painted inner from HD they tell me that mirage orange pearl is basically discontinued and i can't get it from HD anymore. Gave a side cover to my buddy that owns a body shop to try and match it. I just got it back the other day and the finish is fantastic but I'm not 100% sure about the match yet. In certain light it's spot on but also in certain light it looks different. Im putting everything together this weekend and I'll roll it out in the sun and see. it kicked his ass too. Be carefull about time and supplies spent trying to match it cuz you should be able to get yours from a dealer for about $1000 maybe less through pcpain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts