Road Glide banner

Which time slot(s) are you available for a meet and greet at the Americade rally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Let's try to set up a time (or two) to get together for a meet & greet during the AMERICADE rally in Lake George, NY (Rally details - www.americade.com). As a forum member that lives within an hour of Lake George, I think it'd be a blast to meet other forum members. I've included a poll to see which time slot would be best to try to meet up - as I'm sure everyone has different schedules. The Expo and Rally runs from June 1 - June 8. I would imagine evenings would be the easiest to meet up given some of us locals will commute to the rally after work.

Add a message to this thread if you plan to attend and please participate in the vote so we can see when folks have the best availability to meet up.

I've also posted on the "Where's the flag?" thread to try to organize getting the flag to the rally for a photo op and to have additional members meet the flag.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've never been to Americade (I've heard too many negatives), but I live within a reasonable commute that I could zip out there one evening for a meet and greet. I'm off from work on June 5

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll be arriving there Wed June 5th and leaving Sat June 8th. I've been there more than a few times and found it to be a decent rally with some great riding available in NY and Vermont.

I targeted Friday night on the poll as I have pre-planned commitments on Wednesday and Thursday nights. Saturday morning is also an option for me...would be great to tee up with who ever makes it.

I have also offered (on the "Where is the Roadglide Flag" thread) to pick up the flag in Lake George to get it to Ontario if in fact the flag makes it to Americade at the right time.

Would be great to get a Shark turnout and some photos ops.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I'll be up at Americade Wednesday through Saturday night. I do have other 'non shark' riders riding with me so ill see what the consensus is on a meet and greet and sneak away!! :d

·
Registered
432 Posts
We will only be at Americade on Saturday, June 1st, and leave on Sunday. I have to travel for business on Monday, so we're riding up to visit the vendor area on Saturday, spend the nite, and head home. We're coming with a group of ten, and staying at the Red Roof Inn in Queensbury. Sorry we'll miss you all.

BTW- Friday nite is the awards drawing at the Great Escape and fireworks. Rte. 9N will suck traffic wise for about an hour after the fireworks are over. We've been to Americade a half dozen times, and I was stationed at Plattsburgh AFB while in the service. Might be able to answer questions if you have any?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So...there are only 3-4 people from this forum going to Americade? That's shocking since there are 30-40 of us meeting in Mass this weekend.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
417 Posts
So...there are only 3-4 people from this forum going to Americade? That's shocking since there are 30-40 of us meeting in Mass this weekend.

Cheers,
G
I will talk to you about this on Sat. I may need a bit of arm twisting - not really into big rally events - sounds like a lot of walking and very expensive rooms. But will give you a shot LOL

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I will be in Americade Thursday thru Sunday. I would be slightly flexible as to I am riding with anotger group of guys that are not sharks. So I most definitely would Luke to do a meet and greet. Where would we meet any ways ? That we can actually have a photo opportunity and not have to scream over one another to get conversation going as well as look at each others rides ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Depending on numbers, we can ride slightly out of town and meet at a bar/restaurant? Might be easier than trying to assemble in the main mass.

New England Sharks - just met a bunch of you this weekend. I know several are going to Laconia ... anyone heading over to NY for Americade? Participate in the poll and lets see if we can get a few of us together again and bring in some new guys.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
539 Posts
Don't be Sad

Cheers,
G
We will visit you even if it's not Americade...I'm on vacation those two weeks as I told you. But Christine & I could end up in Key West...I can cover a lot of ground in 2 Weeks :D but I promise...If I'm close to N.Y. we will find you...but either way....we will visit

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Is the flag going to wind up at Americade ? I hope when we do the meet & greet at Lake George that maybe more folks can see the flag. I agree upon meeting just outside of town. I stayed in Queensbury which is 10 minutes just outside of town with a bunch of open type of restaurant bars that would allow for plenty of sharks inside and out.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Is the flag going to wind up at Americade ? I hope when we do the meet & greet at Lake George that maybe more folks can see the flag. I agree upon meeting just outside of town. I stayed in Queensbury which is 10 minutes just outside of town with a bunch of open type of restaurant bars that would allow for plenty of sharks inside and out.
That will be up to the Canadians - I seem to remember someone up there mentioning bringing it back to Americade.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, newbie from Maine here. Just found this board and would like to meet anyone going to Americade. I'm only going to be there Sunday afternoon to early Thursday due to other commitments. I am taking the Paradise Bay cruse Tuesday, the Memory Lane tour Wednesday and of course I'll be at the opening celebration on Monday. If anyone has any of those on their schedule let me know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Americade 06/06 to 06/09

Myself and 4 others are going leaving from Fitchburg MA. If anyone is interested for the ride let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I'll be there Thursday morning and hope weather is as awesome as last year because I'm doing the Vermont covered bridges and meet with some if ya sharks !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts