Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day today with some friends and my teenager. Went to the Battle for the Airfield WW2 reenactment and the American Heritage Museum in Hudson Ma. The weather was great after a week of rain, temps about 60 degrees. The battle happens annually and all the above happens and is sponsored and part of the collection at the Collins foundation. This is the gentleman that developed the bar code, in addition he has a tremendous auto and aircraft museum. The Collins foundation owns the planes and runs the “Wings of Freedom Tour” that had the horrific B-17 bomber crash last week.

Prior to the reenactment, we were able to go through both the German, US and allies camps. Everything is period correct and in incredibly good condition. The reenactment it’s self is complete with plenty of gunfire, tank-fire, big guns and smoke. Tanks, jeeps, 1/2 tracks and staff cars as well.

After, we went to the American Heritage Museum that just recently opened. It starts with 3 small theatre’s, depicting US involvement starting-with the tea party civil war, WW1 the trench war and WW2. After it opens into a very large museum with many pieces of military equipment bracketed off by wars and regions. Just an incredible collection.

We were spoiled to have a good friend that has volunteered there for several years and was able to give us a tour complete with all the back story on many of the pieces there and their particular individual history.

In a time when American History is not being taught in many schools, my teenager was in awe.

This place is a gold mine, for any history buffs and those who want to step back in time a bit, it is worth the ride from anywhere. Several times throughout the coarse of the day I got a bit choked up. Made me feel proud to be a part of the greatest nation in the world.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Color guard, American anthem before the battle.

10 minutes before the battle started this guy shows up and hovers above the battlefield, you can’t make this shit up. A touching moment for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Nothing like spending a day about American History with Your Teenage Son.
Most Young Americans have know idea how Our Old Timers made this The Greatest Country in The World.
Thanks for sharing those awesome photos with All of Us Matt!
Treasures to be remembered.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Great pics and thanks for sharing! Would love to check that place out. Wonder what it would take to get one of those tanks out for a test drive?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Great photo's next time in Mass will definitely ride over to Hudson and check it out Thanks Matt

Reactions: Mike U and madmat

·
Registered
552 Posts
Very cool thanks for sharing

Reactions: Mike U
1 - 18 of 18 Posts