Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less then 500 miles since install. Have decided to go a different directions with the bike. I have the fast up extra tank as well for the system. Would be willing to even do the install for you if you want to come to me. MRI center stand goes for $750 without shipping and the entire air ride system was around $1700 from American suspension. Throw an offer at me

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
hadn't heard of American Suspension before so I looked em up, sounds interesting. How was the ride, and what has you wanting to do something else already?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ride is super comfortable and easily adjusted. Looks great when you slammed to the ground on the center stand. Just doesn’t fit my riding style. Looking to go more performance bagger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m surprise that you’ve never heard of American suspensions. They make a lot of necks for guys doing big wheel and what not. Their rear air shocks park a design unlike anyone else. Every other company for the most part uses car shocks that they have modified. American suspension actually makes a premium performance shock that is meant for motorcycle use as opposed to a modified Monroe shock used on older Cadillacs. I’m not throwing shade at anyother company’s and I’m sure their kits are great as well but I felt the American suspension setup was a better built one. Also their control system is a push/pull valve setup and not a bunch of electric solenoids to possibly go bad or back feed and raise the bike when not intended.

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah, I liked what I read. My riding style is a little on the aggressive side especially through the twisty's so I was curious as to how the front especially would be for that. Where are you located?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m out in New Jersey. She feels great at all speeds through twists and turns. I stiffen her up if I know I’m going to “play” in back roads. Then when doing long highway trips or running around town, I soften it up and she glides right over the potholes and speed bumps. I am just coming of sportbikes, Zx10r and bmw s1000rr, and haven’t changed my riding style enough yet to just be chill and enjoy the comfy ride. I tend to push the roadglide past what it is intended to do and now am looking to raise her to a 14” rear and do a set of inverted front forks to bring her higher in front; giving me more clearance to lean her further over.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for your question on how the air front is, it’s better then stock imo. When at the higher pressure it stiffens up and gives me a bit of a lift since it does sag as much as stock forks did. Noticeable gains in handling which is what made me look into raising the entire bike. As much as I love the slammed look I guess I’m going lifted now. Expensive experiment on my end but live and learn. No one I know personally had a air system and forums all will tell you how great the ride comfort is but not everyone has the same style of riding. If I wind up not selling the system then I’ll just hold it till either my style changes or till I find a older used glide to be a project for air, huge front rim, big ass stereo, and crazy paint job.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I’m out in New Jersey. She feels great at all speeds through twists and turns. I stiffen her up if I know I’m going to “play” in back roads. Then when doing long highway trips or running around town, I soften it up and she glides right over the potholes and speed bumps. I am just coming of sportbikes, Zx10r and bmw s1000rr, and haven’t changed my riding style enough yet to just be chill and enjoy the comfy ride. I tend to push the roadglide past what it is intended to do and now am looking to raise her to a 14” rear and do a set of inverted front forks to bring her higher in front; giving me more clearance to lean her further over.
Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth, I came from an R1 to a ZX10R, to a Vrod, and now the RG. I can't quite put away the old riding style myself!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s an expensive lesson learned that air doesn’t seem to suit my ride style. Look wise though 😍. As for my new plans, the inverted forks will have to wait till pre next season cause I can’t stomach dropping another $4700 right now for them. My Ohlin rears should be here in a week or so and they’re 13” normally and I ordered and extension piece that threads into the shock before the eyelet that will make them 14”. Front forks will just go back to stock for now and all throw Screamin eagle fork oil in this time cause it’s supposedly a little thicker and will make them feel a bit better. Figure I’ll run the rear at 13” and then 14” to see if there’s any handling issues geometry wise without riding the front for now; whichever height feels best is what I’ll stick to until I make the jump and buy the inverted setup which will also raise the front end a few inches for even more ground clearance.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Year fitment or part number? I may have a buyer if it will fit a 2012.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts