Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about upgrading my lower forks to american suspensions in black. How are these as far as quality and who's got the best price. pics would be great. any feedback would be very helpful

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think i remember seeing someone on here that had an issue. However i think it had to do with fitment of the fender or something... I can't remember. Is there any difference between the american suspension and the arlen ness hot legs??? I haven't read anything bad on the hot legs. I wish I would have done them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1393162474.565000.jpg
I picked up a set from my painter on the CVO board (Joe Z at Xtreme Dimensions). He keeps them in stock. Powder coated & painted to match was reasonable at $550. Smooth ride and really cleans up the front end.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
surged other forums as well, the only issues I could find so far - one guy had problem fitting the brake calibers. Arlen Ness Hot legs are more money, both come with hidden axles. not sure if both come with seals or not......I keep reading and surging for more info before I commit buying

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I would NEVER purchase ANYTHING else from them! I bought a Fork 45 Front end several years ago for a custom project. I got it, mounted it & had a hell of a time getting the axle thru after a bunch of crap- figured out 1 leg was 1/4" longer than the other.......After numerous conversations I'm told "It shouldn't make a difference, but if you want us to send you parts for you to fix we can".
Hands down WORST customer service I have EVER experienced!

Needless to say - It didn't stay on...........went with a Ultima 58mm Inverted F/E and life was good again...........Spend the extra coin and purchase the Ness or another brand.........

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your input......after comparing all the info I ordered arlen ness hot legs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
View attachment 97170
I picked up a set from my painter on the CVO board (Joe Z at Xtreme Dimensions). He keeps them in stock. Powder coated & painted to match was reasonable at $550. Smooth ride and really cleans up the front end.
I like the color match. Well played!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The American Suspension do not come with fork seals either. The Ness Hot Legs do. I have the AS legs on my bike as we had them on the shelf when I did my wheel so I did them. I think they are cleaner looking than Ness, but Ness is much easier to deal with.

Regardless, if someone wants these legs unless I have them on the shelf I will sell Ness only for simplicity sake. I do have a few sets of the American Suspension chrome single disc for baggers in stock but once they are gone i will switch to Ness only even though they cost me much more.

I talked to once customer who had a friend who had an issue with a 26" on an AS leg. He said the bracket that the fender mounted to broke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts