Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Installing a stinger amp and DSI-2 in the 2019 road glide special fairing. It a bit too tight and was wondering if any removed these tabs on the head lamp. They don’t seem to bolt to anything. It would free up some space so I could lay my DSP flat. Has anyone removed these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,398 Posts

Installing a stinger amp and DSI-2 in the 2019 road glide special fairing. It a bit too tight and was wondering if any removed these tabs on the head lamp. They don’t seem to bolt to anything. It would free up some space so I could lay my DSP flat. Has anyone removed these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know . I sure would think molded tabs like that would be used for something.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The tabs are what holds the clips of the two wire looms that reside on top of the light. Putting an amp there requires moving the wires so the clips get removed from the tabs. My CV amp fits without removing the tabs. I imagine the Stinger 700 would also.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had to finagle mine to get it in, but it fit. I read over on the other forum where a member installed the Stinger 700 without cutting the tabs. He “turned the amp sideways and angled it down under the radio and stuck some velcro on it and the top of the headlight housing“ without cutting the tabs.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have never installed a Stinger 700, but if it truly doesn’t fit you can absolutely cut those tabs off. There are several amp models that explicitly state that you cut those tabs off to make them fit (like The HXM800.4)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts