Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searching but haven't found an answer so I'll ask. I bought a set of polk speakers and rockford pbr300x4 amp for a previous project. My question is will this amp fit in the fairing under the radio? I would take the fairing of for myself but was hoping someone would know off hand, as I've read space is a premium in the 15 models

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Yes it will fit in the fairing, look up forum member h-donut he makes/sales a nice mount for that amp, it makes a clean install.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes it will fit in the fairing, look up forum member h-donut he makes/sales a nice mount for that amp, it makes a clean install.
It looks like the OP has a 2015 and donuts bracket doesn't fit those models.

OP - Under the HU is the ONLY place you're going to put an amp inside the fairing on a '15. You will have to figure out a way to mount it. Fabricate a plate or bracket. I would like to see a BA upgrade to see what type a setup the MoCo designed for it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dirtracin I was just hoping to reuse this amp rather than spending a good bit on a new amp. Was hoping someone had succeeded or failed at this so I wouldn't have to take fairing off once. I'll post my findings

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks dirtracin I was just hoping to reuse this amp rather than spending a good bit on a new amp. Was hoping someone had succeeded or failed at this so I wouldn't have to take fairing off once. I'll post my findings

That amp will fit under there no problem. I have a RF T400X2ad for mine. I've had it bolted up under there and that PBR amp is smaller.

·
Registered
209 Posts
you don't mention what speakers you're going to be using. That is VERY important for this particular amp as they MUST be 4 ohm speakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts