Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm taking delivery of the new RG this weekend. Have replacement speakers ordered and fixing to pull the trigger on a Soundstream PN2.350D Picasso amp.

I've done more car stereo systems than I can count so installation and wiring shouldn't be much of a problem once I get past the fear of taking apart the fairing on a brand new bike.

System will be; stock HU, Soundstream AMP and two fairing speakers.

I have two questions that I could use some "expert" help on though;

1. Power and ground wire routing for the amplifier. I'm going straight to the battery and would like to know if I have to pull the gas tank to get from point A to point B. My amp will be mounted in the fairing.

2. I'm still confused about the whether I need to flash the firmware on the HU. My bike is a standard so it has the 4.3 (not 6.5) HU. An easy yes or no would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch and thanks for the warm welcome. Long time Harley owner, but first time RG owner.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes, you will need to pull the tank to get to the wire wye. Not a big deal, just go slow and have a few towels handy to set the console and tank upon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You might look at getting a copy of the Service Manual. I picked one up and have used it for the various adds to my 15 RGS -amp & speakers; LED front and back signals; hidden antenna; headset plug.

I had to flash my 6.5. Don't know about the 4.3, but I would suspect the answer is "yes" - you have to let the HU know the amp is there so it lets the amp do its work. I know the sound was MUCH better after I had the HU flashed - distortion gone at speed with volume.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts