Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about using the alpine headunit powerpak. It is a 4 channel 2ohm stable amp. What Im wondering is for right now I am only going to be running the 2 speakers in the fairing. Can I only run the first two speakers leads(front) and not the other two(rear)? Once again the component system I am running is 2ohms. Another question is I currently have a kicker dx125.2 although this amp is not hooked up nor does it have high level inputs. So I will need a line out converter correct. Also this amp is 8.3125x8.375 is this going to be too big to mount inside the fairing?

·
Registered
714 Posts
the answer to your first question: yes, you can run only two channels and not use the other two. It's been asked and answered before a couple times.

more than 8x8"... how deep is it? I'm going to GUESS no... it'd be a tight fit. I replied mostly to subscribe to see if someone made one like that fit ;)

Are you set on keeping the stock head unit? The cost of a new Alpine is less than sending the unit to get pre-outs installed in it. I don't know what a line-out converter would cost otherwise, but you can sell your stock unit ~$350 on ebay (more if you want to wait longer than I did), $100 more than the new unit.. leaving that for the purchase of the install kit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts