Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So those of you guys who have installed multiple amps, are you using automotive power components? Meaning AGU fuse holder, power distribution block? I'm concerned about the vibrations that my power harness will get on the bike, and am not sure how well the screw down terminals will hold up.... Thinking soldering may be better..... Any thoughts.....

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
So those of you guys who have installed multiple amps, are you using automotive power components? Meaning AGU fuse holder, power distribution block? I'm concerned about the vibrations that my power harness will get on the bike, and am not sure how well the screw down terminals will hold up.... Thinking soldering may be better..... Any thoughts.....
I run automotive grade without issue, to date....

I just strip and twist the end of the cable and solder it so it's one price vs 100s of staines then insert into fitting and tighten, tight is tight then a little more :D

Ran my black and green bike with 2 amps this way and didn't have any issues

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
490 Posts
I bought some in-line 8 ga. AGU fuse holders, hooked them up directly to the battery, soldered/shrink wrapped connections to cable running forward to 2 Arc Audio amps in the fairing.

Might be a pic of it on my build thread, haven't been on here much lately, so I'm not sure.

Peace

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
lightening audio has a 0-4-8 block on ebay for about $8 with 2 sets of fuses included

that is what I used, I had to trim the battery box to accept a 4 gauge power to block, about 1 foot

grounded to the frame, but to the battery seems to work also

there are some kits out there from knu concepts on amazon that have all in one of what you'll need.

8ga kit is sufficient even for two amps, 17ft of 8ga, 4ft of ground, 20ft 16ga speaker wire, something like that

screw in terminals are fine for the 8/10ga wiring, I'd solder the speaker wiring

hope that helps

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys... That's exactly what my plan was to use those components... I just wanted to see what's worked for others.....

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I use a distribution block inside the fairing to supply power to multiple amps.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts