Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony head unit and an ARC 4 channel amp in my 2012 FLTRXSE. The amp stays running and kills my battery. I use the blue turn on wire from the radio, and the positive and negative come straight from the battery to the amp. Even if I power the radio down the amp fan still runs. Any ideas?

· Registered
10,571 Posts
The fan may be run off the main battery power . It may run regardless of the amp being turned on, it might be controlled by a thermostat.
I'd read the small print in the user manual on the amp if I were you. If not , what he said. ^^^

· Registered
5,904 Posts
I had the same issue with a different brand amp, Called them sent it back and the amp was replaced under warranty. They told me this was a rare occurrence but that's how my luck goes. Good luck to you.

· Registered
7,518 Posts
The amp should shut off when the ignition is turned off. The remote wire from the cig light is what shuts the amp off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.