Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today my HW amp mounting plate and adapters arrived and to be honest Im disappointed in the amp mounting plate. Im going to end up havingg to use velcro anyways like my original idea just on the mount plate instead of the inside of the fender due to the mounting point beong so small. May just resell the plate.

·
Registered
483 Posts
So today my HW amp mounting plate and adapters arrived and to be honest Im disappointed in the amp mounting plate. Im going to end up havingg to use velcro anyways like my original idea just on the mount plate instead of the inside of the fender due to the mounting point beong so small. May just resell the plate.

I just received the same 2 things last week because I was ordering grills and figured i'd get free shipping. I agree the mounting plate is small but so are the Hawg Wired amps. I'm just going to mount another aluminum plate to their mounting plate, and then my amp to that. Already have a piece of aluminum from Home Depot that is big enough to cut down. I'm gonna see if I can find someone to rivet them together.

Not sure if that helps ya. I just dont trust velcro (the glue side) inside that fairing when the weather and amp are both hot.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just received the same 2 things last week because I was ordering grills and figured i'd get free shipping. I agree the mounting plate is small but so are the Hawg Wired amps. I'm just going to mount another aluminum plate to their mounting plate, and then my amp to that. Already have a piece of aluminum from Home Depot that is big enough to cut down. I'm gonna see if I can find someone to rivet them together.

Not sure if that helps ya. I just dont trust velcro (the glue side) inside that fairing when the weather and amp are both hot.
Were on the same exact page. I just told my wife I needed to go to Lowes and pick up a sheet of aluminum and make an addition to the bracket. I have been tol by many that theyre using velcro and have been for years but Im still iffy on it.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
My amp has been velcro for a couple thousand miles and no issue, although my amp is mounted on top of my radio. I believe yours will be elsewhere.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Subscribing - hoping you guys post pics as you're going through this. It's on my winter mod list as well and Hawg Wired is top on my list right now.

Cheers,
G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts