Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on installing an amp this winter. Looking for suggestions and pointers. I currently have a Kenwood KDC-X998 deck and Polk 6.5 speakers. I may or may not put speaker lids on for the wife, so I want to be able to expand if possible. So, other than a suggestion for an amp, how do I mount it? I had a Hogtunes amp that came with a bracket. (got rid of it all) I'm thinking car amps don't have brackets, so how do I find one for my shark? I'm open to any other advice or suggestions too. Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just mounted an amp in my fairing using the Hawg Wired bracket. I seem to remember reading about an amp bracket being made by a forum member here, HDonut, I think. Both use two of the four inner fairing mounting studs. You could also use industrial strength Velcro on the inside of your inner fairing. Easy...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just reread your post, and realized that you're thinking of a car amp. In that case, disregard my post. I'm just telling you what you already know. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm running the Arc Audio 125.2 and it's just velcroed inside the fairing. Been there for over 2 years and hasn't moved. Arc make a 4 channel also that I believe will fit in there if you ever want to expand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a SS 4.520 and it's Velcro'd in the fairing...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the reply's guys. Looks like velcro it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts