Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do adding amp(s) lead to issues with the electrical / charging systems on the '09 and up SERGs / CVOs ?

What~if anything~is required to remedy the issues ?

'Am in process to install J&M 7.25 Rokker XT kit in vented fairing lowers to go with the 7.25 Rokkers already in the fairing.

'Thinking about the J&M 250w Rokker Amp? Does anyone have any input on this setup, good~bad?? Does anybody have any other amp recommendations?

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do adding amp(s) lead to issues with the electrical / charging systems on the '09 and up SERGs / CVOs ?

What~if anything~is required to remedy the issues ?

'Am in process to install J&M 7.25 Rokker XT kit in vented fairing lowers to go with the 7.25 Rokkers already in the fairing.

'Thinking about the J&M 250w Rokker Amp? Does anyone have any input on this setup, good~bad?? Does anybody have any other amp recommendations?

Thanks,
Ed
Thing you need to pay attention to is the class of the amp. Classes A through C are the ones you want to stay away from as they will tax your limited charging system on these bikes and will ultimately lead to one of two things happening 1.) changing audio systems 2.) replacing stock stator with more suitable stator for the electrical load.

J&M amps are Glass G so they're safe for use on stock electrical systems. Anything above Class C are good. A lot you will find are Class D and Class H.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Chainsaw has your exact set up. both Rokker 7.25" speakers in the fairing and fairing lowers with a 250 watt J&M Amp.
I initially had Rokker 7.25s in the fairing and fairing lowers, and J&M 500 watt amp, and my battery went dead. I called J&M and realized i didn't have my amp ground wire in the right place. Getting a good ground for the amp is key, and J&M recommends putting the amp ground wire where the battery's negative cable is grounded. Since then, no problems at all, and i have added Rokker saddlebag subwoofers.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I have a JL 600/6 pushing multiple speakers w/no problem w/stock electrical system.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts