Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
A little more details? What speakers but I run mine on Full.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Curious what everyone else is running

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm not running your same equipment. I'm using the J&M Rokker XX speakers which have their own 80hz(I think it's 80hz) crossover built in. The head unit (alpine hd149bt) was already set to 80hz anyway. So I run FULL on the amp (soundstream pn2.350d).
If I didn't already have TWO x-overs working, I'd have set the amp at HPF and adjusted to 80hz.

What head unit are you running? It certainly will NOT HURT you to run hi-pass on your amp to protect your speakers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running the stock head unit right now. Would like to get a full sound out of the speakers but don't want to risk blowing them.
Did you run your system with the stock head and did you see a big difference with the Alpine? That's going to be my next upgrade. Read good things about that deck you have.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm running the stock head unit right now. Would like to get a full sound out of the speakers but don't want to risk blowing them.
Did you run your system with the stock head and did you see a big difference with the Alpine? That's going to be my next upgrade. Read good things about that deck you have.
Nope, headunit and amp went in the same time. It's worth it for the Bluetooth/Pandora/USB sources alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts