Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of deciding which amp to go with for a upgrade, and stopped by the Harley dealer to pick their brains a bit. Not really all that interested in a HogTunes amp either. They said that since I have a hidden antenna in the fairing that I would have to go with a analog amp and not digital. Any thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am in the process of deciding which amp to go with for a upgrade, and stopped by the Harley dealer to pick their brains a bit. Not really all that interested in a HogTunes amp either. They said that since I have a hidden antenna in the fairing that I would have to go with a analog amp and not digital. Any thoughts on the matter?
Not true, I am running a hidden antenna and two Hawg Wired RS-400 amps with no issues whatever, well there is one issue...with both amps, I cannot hear the ol lady bitching about having to eat Mexican food twice each day. :D

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Apparently their brains were pretty much picked over before you got there. One's got nothing to do with the other. Besides, as far as I know pretty much any amp is going to be digital in some fashion. Unless, I suppose they're expecting you to put some kind of high end tube amp in the fairing. :D

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
The only validity I might give to the dealers claim is I've read on other forums that the Sound stream amp can interfere with FM radio performance in some cases. .... other than that, bologna, I have 4 Hawgwired amps and a hidden antenna. .... no issues at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
JMJOHN
1,003 Posts
emt-p ,,,,

everyone here is right ,,, most of what you were told by the dealer is BS ,,,,,

take the J&M ROKKER XTP amps that are DSP controlled for example, there are no differences from our previous ROKKER XT amps, other than the dial controls ,,,,,,

as for the in-fairing antennas ,,,,, the WHOLE reason we released a passive AM/FM/WB antenna, was to STOP any interference between all of these antenna amplifiers and the audio system ,,,,,,,,

see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=FPA-HCFM-P ,,,,,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lmao

I thought they were full of @!%#. Since I have the speakers up front and the pods on the tour pack, would I need a 4 channel amp? I would like to get the Rokker speakers that J&M has for front and back but do not want to spend what they want for the 500 watt amp. Is going with those speakers over kill if I dont go with their big amp? One of the biggest advantages so far with my new bike of the goldwing is no intercom LOL Now I just get slapped along side the head when I get to riding to fast.

·
JMJOHN
1,003 Posts
remember that you always want to spend your $$ up front first, then move to the rear ,,,,,,,

MANY of our customers purchase a 2-ch amp, and a set of ROKKER XX fairing speakers and let the rear pod speakers run straight off the Harley HK radio ,,,,,

works like a champ ,,,,,,,,

you might also want to look at this performance series 2-speaker and amp http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JHAK-HC06-1802SP ,,,,,

Holiday promo code 315P51221 ,,,,,

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I thought they were full of @!%#. Since I have the speakers up front and the pods on the tour pack, would I need a 4 channel amp? I would like to get the Rokker speakers that J&M has for front and back but do not want to spend what they want for the 500 watt amp. Is going with those speakers over kill if I dont go with their big amp? One of the biggest advantages so far with my new bike of the goldwing is no intercom LOL Now I just get slapped along side the head when I get to riding to fast.
I have the Passive Hidden antenna. I use just a 2 Channel Amp just on the front speakers. The rear run just off the H/K radio. If I want to hear the rear, I just use the Fader to increase the level on the rear. But run with the balance in the middle. The passenger can hear the rear, but I don't.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only validity I might give to the dealers claim is I've read on other forums that the Sound stream amp can interfere with FM radio performance in some cases. .... other than that, bologna, I have 4 Hawgwired amps and a hidden antenna. .... no issues at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710
The Soundstream, or any class D amp, will interfere with FM. How much, depends on the amp. My SS runs 4 Polk Audio 6.5 in front speakers great, but my FM reception and clarity is terrible because of interference. Thank goodness for Pandora...

·
JMJOHN
1,003 Posts
Turk ,,,,,,

I do not agree with that statement that all class D amps interfere with the AM or FM radio ,,,,,,,,

yours might, or your particular brand might, but that is particular to those, not ALL class D amps ,,,,,,, and you should not try and paint them all with the same brush ,,,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts