Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 4 Hertz 165.1 in my fairing and a pair of ST 25 horns in the gauge holes. I also have a set of lid speakers. I want to run the two sets of Hertz off my Arc Audio 125.4 and the horns and lid speakers of my Diamond Audio Micro 4. My Alpine 149 BT has three sets of rca's, can I run a 4 channel amp off 1 set of rca's? I'm not sure how to wire the 2 amps. I've read where guys say to run the 4 Hertz off one amp and run the horns separately so they can be tuned easier. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The 149 has three sets of RCA preouts: front, rear, and subwoofer. For your setup you will only run front and rear. I don't know the specs of the amps you have, but I assume they are 4 ohm.

You will run one set of rca from the fronts to the arc amp and then run speaker wire from the amp to the four speakers in the front.

Run another set of RCA from the rear preouts to the other amp. Wire the speakers the same as the front.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 149 has three sets of RCA preouts: front, rear, and subwoofer. For your setup you will only run front and rear. I don't know the specs of the amps you have, but I assume they are 4 ohm.

You will run one set of rca from the fronts to the arc amp and then run speaker wire from the amp to the four speakers in the front.

Run another set of RCA from the rear preouts to the other amp. Wire the speakers the same as the front.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Not familiar with the amps that you have however you probably need y adapters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts