Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what amplifier do you guys recomend do i need to get one designed for the speaker systen or can i adapt any other????

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I've got a Hawg-Wired.
Never had any "Issues",...

Only thing I do reccomend is that you go w/an amp that is made for Motorcycles!
Drago's Bike Works has 15 to 20% off all Amps and Hawg-Wired Pkgs. Rite now. He is a Sponser of this site, and a real nice guy to talk to.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
J&M 250 watt,.. sounds great! Just waiting on their 4 channel 500 watt to come out now.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
I am using J&M 250 amp and like it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Check out ARC AUDIO they will have what you could use on the bike small package and the amp has plenty of power and it can be hidden behind the fairing

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I am planning to go w/ the amp made by Bazooka. Going order it next week. W/ luck it will be in by the weekend. Plan on doing a write up on it. Spoke to a member that has it, and he spoke very highly of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought the Elf E2125X,hoping to install it next week when the speakers get here.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Another ARC mini here. Awesome amp, small footprint, built in crossover. I use it to power my front 4 speakers. I also have an amp in the tourpak, to power the tourpak speakers, because a loud motorcycle doesnt have to come from the exhaust.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pretty cool piece, but it makes that power at 1ohm 300 is good that means 150 at 2 ohms still good but what is the thd of that amp. and is that max power ? well I will say this choose a amp that will fit your needs and work properly for your application and you will be happy. In the bike installs that I have done I am using ARC audio as the product has performed like no other I have played with since I picked up the line,same for Exile audio they both have been great companies to work with esp because of no faulty product! Exile will have a great piece coming out soon I am playing with a beta piece right now I will keep everyone up to date on progress

·
Registered
19 Posts
Isn't the J&M 250watt and the Elf 250watt both copies of the ARC just with different markings?

·
Registered
324 Posts
No they are not I have compaired the three of them in person..The circuit boards is similar but not entirly, as well as components are different and the heatsink on the ARC audio one is larger, ARC audio has Robert Zeff in the r&d department formerly at Zapco his designs are years ahead of many other companys and lastly they stand behind the product with a 3 year warranty. I use both ARC audio and EXILE audio in all of my installs and have yet to have any issues with either company. I am not telling any one what to buy just giving my opinion on products and trying to help anyone out with audio. I chose these companys after testing there product (maybe I should say beating it) before carrying it in my store as I like selling products that work properly for customers so my business can grow thru satisified customers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
But aren't they made by ARC? When I say copies I don't mean exact copies.

·
Registered
324 Posts
They are not from what I have been informed by the factory I have become pretty close in the past 6 years so I believe I am getting the proper info,ARC has been very helpful in the past three years esp with the Harley audio since most of my audio business now is working on bikes...

·
Registered
235 Posts
They are not from what I have been informed by the factory I have become pretty close in the past 6 years so I believe I am getting the proper info,ARC has been very helpful in the past three years esp with the Harley audio since most of my audio business now is working on bikes...
pm sent....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts