Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I put Amsoil in at my1k milstone and found this
http://www.harley-performance.com/amsoil-vs-harley.html
I was wondering ,,, living in FL ... Should I use str8 60w in my tranny/primary? and any inputs on adding adds like Lucas?
I have used Amsoil in my bikes for the last 15 years without any kind of failure related to oil. American Iron Magazine published the "oil wars" stuff over 10 years ago and it holds true today. Amsoil is the highest rated oil for V-Twinns today. The engine runs cooler and starts easier. I know others feel the oil they are running is best. but test results don't lie. I also use Amsoil Sever Gear lub in my trany. Much smoother shifts and better protection. I also use Amsoil filters. Hope the helps?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Fluids

I run standard formula plus in the primary, syn 50 in the engine and syn 75/140 in the gear box.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have used a half a qt.of lucas syn stabl.for years and now the dyno mech at my local dealership is using it reduces motor temp by 25 degrees I use a inferred temp gun to test my motor and others on rides

·
Registered
505 Posts
60 wt oil is too heavy for the primary. Nothing at all wrong with the HD Formula Plus in the Primary.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
As an Amsoil Oil dealer I can with out a doubt "DON'T USE" 60wt. in the primary. Use our 20-50 in the crank case and primary and our 75-110 gear lube in the transmission. For best results in the crank case use our EAOM 134c or 134 nanofiber oil filters.

In this forum under "Oil" I made the post "I'm Biased, Amsoil Dealer Here, Pics". It shows part of the bike apart getting upgrades. Keep in mind the bike has just over 31k and notice how clean it looks. Thats Amsoil for Ya..........

P

·
0 Posts
we`ve used AMSOIL & LUCAS in our nitro bike,we`re using LUCAS right now but never had any probs with amsoil.whatever brand you go with,use trans oil in the trans,never did buy into 20/50 in trans from HD

·
Registered
449 Posts
As an Amsoil Oil dealer I can with out a doubt "DON'T USE" 60wt. in the primary. Use our 20-50 in the crank case and primary and our 75-110 gear lube in the transmission. For best results in the crank case use our EAOM 134c or 134 nanofiber oil filters.

In this forum under "Oil" I made the post "I'm Biased, Amsoil Dealer Here, Pics". It shows part of the bike apart getting upgrades. Keep in mind the bike has just over 31k and notice how clean it looks. Thats Amsoil for Ya..........
I'm an Amosil Dealer too and have to agree...Put in whatever brand you want but make sure it is designed for the application you want...I am biased also...but I'm not gonna sway you into the brand...a picture is worth a thousands words...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts