Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I put Amstoil in All three holes it cost less than what it would have cost for full synthetic from the steeler and will last twice as long . Is anyone else running Amstoil?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
That's Amsoil, and you'll find a million threads about it. Many use it, others prefer the next brand. Very good oil though.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
ZMan convinced me to switch to Mobil1. V-Twin when I could not find Amsoil anywhere around Shark Week Wal-Mart had Mobil1. The Wally Worlds around here don't, but the box parts houses do, for the same price.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have amsoil in everything. Truck, bikes, tdi jetta. I shower in the stuff. I know a guy at the shop that uses it for hair gel !

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I use amsoil in all three holes.It's a true synthetic and not just highly refined dino oil like so many other "synthetics".I use 75/140 in the trans,syn atf in the primary and 20/50 in the engine.

on my 02,I always ran amsoil,and got 75,000 out of the original "bad design" cam chain tensioners.pretty sold on it here.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I normally run Amsoil in all 3 but a few months ago they had the Mobile1 on post (Ft Rucker) for 6.49qt. So I got enough for a couple of oil changes.

I'll be going back with Amsoil when I use it up.

Ricky

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Do you mix it or do you use Amsoil in some holes and Syn 3 in others? Never heard of any one mixing two different oils before. :confused:
No I ucked up (reading another forum thread on Syn 3); I use Amsoil 20-50 engine/primary and 75-90 in tranny.:(

·
Registered
992 Posts
Amsoil here too. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amsoil in every thing I own. Great stuff and is cheaper than the HD stuff which is whatever is cheap bid when they need it. Amsoil has 2-3 times the drain interval. Use it in every vehicle. Bias also as I sell it Just Cause its that good of stuff.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In all my Harleys, my trucks, my cars, lawn mower, ... about everything that doesn't use much oil, even my hay baler with the Wisconsin engine, has Amsoil in it. I do have a few "beater" vehicles that have an anti bug system built in that I can't afford to use Amsoil in, but for the most part you can't beat the lubrication properties of full synthetic.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Amsoil in my 1 ton Dodge and in the 07 RG

1 - 20 of 30 Posts