Road Glide banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - Just wanted to reach out and give everybody an amateur's opinion on replacing all 4 stock speakers with J&M Rokkers.

First, I want to give a HUGE shout to the folks at Dr. VTwin. They were super helpful with the ordering process and they shipped right on the spot - within an hour or so of me ordering.

So I woke up early this morning and after the girls found their Easter Eggs, I wanted to go install these suckers.

Having never removed the fairing before, I found some great instructions on how to do so here. I'm glad I followed the advice to cover the front fender and gas tank because I dropped quite a few items during the singlehanded removal/reinstall.

The plug and play nature of the J&M setup was fairly simple - the hardest part was figuring out how to remove the headlights/trimpiece to reinstall the fairing.

One thing I will say is that I definitely WILL be getting the Arc Audio 500W mini amp because just the speakers themselves being powered by the stock stereo is a BIT of an improvement, but the speakers can handle so much more than the HK head unit can push to them.

However, if I can find a J&M Rokker amp that is used for less than $300, I'll go that route instead...

That's it - Happy Easter everybody!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts