Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the Home Depot looking for larger screws and epoxy so that I could repair the stripped holes in my outer fairing and ran across this item....

So I tried it and it works great. All you have to do is cut a couple of thin strips the length of the hole and place them in the hole. The screws go in tight and bring the fairing in perfect.

The best thing is that this fix cost me less than $2.00 and took less than 10 minutes. You can make this repair without removing the fairing if you have a pair of needle nose pliers for sticking the strips in through the inner fairing hole.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Great post. I couldn't help but notice the "Made in USA" logo. Nice!

·
Registered
740 Posts
How is that fix when you unscrew it later? I have been using a toothpick for years and just have to add another when doing a R&R.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is that fix when you unscrew it later? I have been using a toothpick for years and just have to add another when doing a R&R.
I don't know being that I just used it today. In the package there are 6 or 8 pieces and I didn't use but a third of a piece. So if I have to replace, it will not be a problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had one strip a couple years ago. Just inserted the end of a Zip Tie and reinstalled the screw. Worked great so far - 2 years and 10K miles.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was recently on a PA to TX ride and notice left side middle screw almost falling out, so I just used a 3/4" long piece i cut from a ziptie. Been holding for a few weeks now, but will definitely grab a few of these repair kits for future.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awesome find JuicedHD :)!! Thanks! Going to get some today myself and some adhesive padding for the stereo mounting box edges.

-D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
thanks Juiced. Need this today.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Awesome! thanks for this. I had this happen on my Electraglide but they have brass inserts you can replace. Why the hell didn't the moco have enough brains to do this to the RG fairing??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts