Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of a company that makes an ANALOG oil temp dipstick for the newer bikes? I see the digital ones but I would much rather have an analog gauge if its possible. I know they are available for the older bikes. im hoping to find one for the newer bikes

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the reviews linked to that website it sounds like and looks like good product. I quickly ordered one lastnight but in my late night order I ordered the wrong one so I emailed them explaining just that. They replied this morning saying no problem they will change the order. They seem to have very good customer service too. We'll see when it arrives

·
Registered
129 Posts
I didn't go with the dipstick temp gauge.........I ordered an oil temp sensor $10.....a 2" white/chrome oil temp gauge $20......all on ebay......removed the fairing.....pulled that useless air temp gauge and replaced it with the oil temp gauge.....ran the wiring down the frame to the temp sensor. the hot wire from the air temp gauge went right on the oil temp gauge so it is illuminated like it should be........its not a perfect match to the other factory gauges but I've got oil temp in my face right above oil pressure all the time now.........

The dealership sells a kit with basically the same stuff (gauge probably matches better) for over $150..........like my $30 setup just fine.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't go with the dipstick temp gauge.........I ordered an oil temp sensor $10.....a 2" white/chrome oil temp gauge $20......all on ebay......removed the fairing.....pulled that useless air temp gauge and replaced it with the oil temp gauge.....ran the wiring down the frame to the temp sensor. the hot wire from the air temp gauge went right on the oil temp gauge so it is illuminated like it should be........its not a perfect match to the other factory gauges but I've got oil temp in my face right above oil pressure all the time now.........

The dealership sells a kit with basically the same stuff (gauge probably matches better) for over $150..........like my $30 setup just fine.
I actually already have the oil temp gauge in the fairing but I can no longer use the sensor for it in the oil pan. I just did a motor swap and I needed to use that hole in the pan for external oil lines. That's the reason I'm getting the temp dip stick

·
Registered
129 Posts
Guessing your options are very limited then........

You could always drill and tap a new hole in the oil pan ;-)

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guessing your options are very limited then........

You could always drill and tap a new hole in the oil pan ;-)
I was actually thinking about doing that but decided against it. Not really sure why though lol.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I ordered an analog dipstick from the link that was provided above for JES custom accent. I just got it delivered today and I installed it. First I want to say that their customer service is fantastic. I ordered the wrong one and emailed them and they fixed my order immediately. The install is really easy and it looks like a quality part. Since I just got the motor in the bike and havent worked out some of the bugs in the bike I was only able to take it for a short ride. The dipstick gauge works as it should. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Easy on the USELESS Air Temperature Gauge. I like mine because it's always nice to know how hot you actually are when you are feeling hot. :wink:

Besides, you’ve only given yourself one more thing to worry about when you realize just how hot your engine oil gets; that’s why I don’t have one. No engine oil light, PSI good = no problems.:surprise:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts