Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! What you building?
Nothing to special. Got 14" BR bars, new cables, -2 monotubes and 11.5" 444s and making virtually every piece of chrome disappear with black powder.

I plan on doing a 21" wheel up front and getting her painted but finances dictate that those will have to wait till next year.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just dropped everything off to powder coat. Should be done by Monday. Can't f*%kin wait to start putting this thing back together.

I've spent the past two days wiring the bars, what a pain in the a$$!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huge setback. Assembled the whole front end and then realized this....
ImageUploadedByMO Free1384920288.256227.jpg
The powder coater took it upon himself to assume the caliper covers this, which it doesn't!!! So f%*kin heated right now!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The lift is something I lived without for a while but now that I have it, I couldn't imagine working on bikes without it.

I was lucky enough to get this lift out of a closed Harley dealership before they demolished the building.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
The ride is looking good. Thanks for the thread you started on suspension. I ended up going with the same set up as yours. Let us know what you think of the results after you've gotten some riding in.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The ride is looking good. Thanks for the thread you started on suspension. I ended up going with the same set up as yours. Let us know what you think of the results after you've gotten some riding in.
Will do. It's pretty much a crap shot with that stuff. Gotta so some research and there is a lot of good info to be had here but when it boils down to it, you just gotta pull the trigger on a setup and hope it works out.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I agree. Like you I considered air but decided on the 444's. I think at least for now this was the best decision for me. In the future after stretch bags and fender the air could get consideration again. If that happens it'll be nice to have the Progressives on the shelf just in case lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts