Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Little crop tour tonight to the northeast of Calgary. Had a great ride with our Instructor group from Lil Johnnie's Motorcycle Academy. Crops are looking good, lots of peas/lentils, canola, wheat, barley and we even spotted a field of corn which is rare for our part of the country and the area it was in. Few of those big crop sprayers with 120ft booms out spraying the weeds, knocking them down. We saw a couple of fields of Canola that must've been planted a few weeks earlier ahead of the rains as they were beginning to bloom that beautiful brilliant yellow. In a couple weeks should be able to get some beautiful full colour shots of the fields in bloom.

Furniture Table Chair Outdoor table Outdoor furniture
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Car

Wood Font Rectangle Signage Brick

Calgaryglide

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,012 Posts
Great pics Troy. Congrats on the new bike, nice to have choices.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Was out on the hotrod today and managed to find a Canola field in almost full bloom by a little town called Mossleigh, Alberta. FYI, Canola is an oilseed crop. The seeds are like little black ball bearings and when crushed they yield.....Canola oil. If you grew up on the prairies in western Canada or the U.S., it used to be referred to a "rapeseed" It is one of the 1st "political corrections" that I can remember from my teenage years when the name was changed to protect the innocent!

Enjoy!

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Cloud
Sky Cloud Tire Plant Wheel
Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Plant

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Found this on my crop tour tonight. About as rare as hen's teeth or a phone booth these days. For those that don't know, this is a drilling rig, drilling for dinosaur bones in the rolling hills N.W. of Calgary for the next 3 weeks. Here's hoping it isn't a dry hole!!!

Crops were lush and green, the recent rains have definitely helped out, now we need a little heat and sunshine to really make things grow and use up that fertilizer that was placed in the ground the same time as the seed.

After last years dismal harvest it would be great to see a bumper crop!!

Calgaryglide
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
12,585 Posts
Thanks, once again, for taking Us along for "The Crop Tour" Troy!
Oh Yeah, Your Hot Rod is one Cool Looking Glide Brother.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Today's crop tour photos!! Some of these places you may have seen before.

Close up of a Canola Plant in bloom.

Flower Plant Yellow Herbaceous plant Groundcover

Flower Sky Cloud Plant People in nature

2 row Barely for malting!
Sky Plant Cloud Khorasan wheat Terrestrial plant

Sky Cloud Plant People in nature Natural landscape

Field Peas Close up

Plant Grass Flower Groundcover Agriculture

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Plant
Flower Plant Yellow Herbaceous plant Groundcover
Flower Sky Cloud Plant People in nature
Sky Plant Cloud Khorasan wheat Terrestrial plant
Sky Cloud Plant People in nature Natural landscape
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Plant

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
2,111 Posts
Looks like you are enjoying the new hotrod Troy. Great pics.Nice to see the crops doing well this year, hopefully the harvest is good and prices are up to offset some of the extra fuel costs for the farmers. Or maybe just good yields and prices down 😬

·
Super Moderator
6,012 Posts
I of course like the one with the bike in it but I also like #4 and #5 with the silhouette of the mountains behind the farmland.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Shake down ride with the station wagon tonight, 3/4 packed for the trip, shocks adjusted and the ride was butter smooth.

Enjoy tonights photos. Found a young mulie buck grazing in some canola, a great hozizon view and another oil drilling rig, this time about 30 miles east of the last one.

Sky Plant Flower Natural landscape Agriculture

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle
Sky Plant Flower Natural landscape Agriculture
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Tonight's ride. Crops are coming along nicely out to the Northwest of Calgary. Barley and Wheat look real close but still have some green stalks below those nicely filled out heads of grain. Canola is very green still. Most of the silage crop seems to be cut and put up as well as hay and some greenfeed (oats/barley/wheat mix cut green and either baled and wrapped or ensiled as well). The couple weeks I was away for Sharkweek had a nice little surprise on one of may favourite scenic country roads, Brand New Pavement!!! Dark Black with new markings and smooooooooth as butter. Made my day. I also found a glacial erratic, a rock from far away carried by a glacier and then deposited miles from its origin. This one has been farmed around for years. Pretty cool proof of climate change, real climate change over millions of years.

Tonight's musical selection was fantastic review of 1975, man that was some great music in those days. I remember it well, 1975. I was 10 years old, i had a "Radio Shack" handlebar radio on my red & silver CCM bicycle and thought I was cool as shit. Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell was one of my favorite songs. Heard it tonight. I also have heard that Springsteen does a pretty damn good cover of it too. I just love the orchestral arrangement for this song, when you listen you can pick out each instrument as it played.

Sky Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape Mammal
Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree Grass
Sky Plant Cloud Natural landscape Tree
Sky Natural landscape Grass Plant Landscape
Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape Agriculture
Sky Plant Natural landscape Grass Tree
Sky Plant Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
4,808 Posts
1975 I was still sucking boobs and pooping my pants, though I don't remember any of it! lol.

Great pics again, Troy.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts