Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently running Andrews 26 cams. They were in the bike when I purchased it. It is supposed to have ported heads already. The actual compression ratio is unknown. I feel the bike runs well but the only bike I've had to compare it to is a stock TC88 Dyna that I owned before the RoadGlide.

I'm in need of replacing tensioners due to wear and beyond wear. since I will have everything apart I'm exploring my options at this time.

I've seen several folks recommending the 57s over the 26s.

Of course there's the thirst for more power. I like to ride spiritedly and will be 2 up 30-40% of the time possibly.

Is there enough difference to justify the cost? Also these say hi lift, will this be compatible with otherwise stock springs/valves?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If the bike you are referring to is the 1999 in your signature and the heads are using stock springs, then the answer is NO. The springs will not work (coil bind) with the lift of the Andrews 57.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks.
I was wondering at which amount of lift it became an issue. I have no real idea as to my true springs but I'm assuming stock to err on the side of safety. This is good as it saves some coin I really didn't need to spend anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts