Road Glide banner

Andrews 26G's

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  twistedcherokee 
#1 ·
Ok,I did it! Cams,geardrive,oil pump(new Design from Drag-just like the Fueling but it's only 149 bucks),Fueling spring and Thunder Header! Sounds great,I allways loved the Thunder Header! great oil pressure(even hot).
Torque of the cam is a bit lack luster.I expected more I guess.I honestly can't feel any torque or hp increase over my stock valve train,and Kerker 2 into 1 header.:confused:
Anyone had similar results from 26G? Did I make a bad choice? My intent was to get rid of the spring tensioners and gain some torque. I seemed to achieve one of those.

#4 ·
I just put 21s in my '01 and all I can say is WOW! There is not much difference from 21s to 26s. The 26 just comes on a little later. Was your bike tuned to get every drop out of the new AFR? You don't mention a Power Commander or other tuning device. If you had a shop do the work, did they remap the ECM?

#5 ·
I have not done anything electronic.I that the issue? As mild as these cams are ,I thought I might feel something without any programming. I had pipes and air filter before the cam swap,only thing different is cams and gear drive.:confused:
I can see a program to enhance my engine output,but I really did no think this mild of a upgrade was DEPENDANT on pramming

#11 ·
Thanks everyone for the input.I help out my local shop aside from my day job,so he gives me shit for free or at cost. Power Commander V should be here today,now just have to build a map. I built maps for my racecars before,so should'nt be too bad. I will post progress.

#14 ·
thanks for the advice,I actually was thinking of doin that this coming winter.But for now I added 4% fuel to rear cylinder,3% fuel to front cylinder and feels much better!! I'm goin to Vegas for some dyno time to monitor afr's. Let you guys know:D

#15 ·
So do you think the cam swap made your engine run lean before the tuner upgrade? Did you notice any symptoms of a lean motor such as back firing?

#16 ·
yes,it seems cams,air cleaner and Thunder Header made it lean. Not enough to back fire or hurt pistons,but enough to make it "ping" and just feel sluggish. The more I play with mapping(adding small amounts of fuel at certain throttle %'s at a time),the better it runs!

#17 ·
I am running the 37G in my 1999 Ultra w/95 bb. Runs better thanthe SE203's. Really like how it really starts to crank at 3k. Still need to put the PC3 in, but need to find someone in Colorado Springs to dyno it. I know I am not running lean, my mileage is down to 35-40. Good luck & keep us posted.

Toby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.