Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have it down to 2, looking for a little help / nudge. I plan to leave the internal of my 103 stock (for now). I am looking for straight out of the box torque through the 5000 RPM. 2012 FLTRX 103.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I really like the TW222 cams in my bike.
Do some research by looking at some dyno sheets that are running a similar build as yours

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have researched to the utmost, I am leaning towards the 222s. I need to stop debating and order a set. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
462 Posts
+1 on the TW 222's. All around a sound choice, and supported by FM, which if you are looking for Tuner options will be well worth the investment.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Just because a cam is cheaper doesn't mean it will provide the performance that you are looking for. If you look at the specs the TW 222 will produce better low end torque.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I had the TW 222's in my street glide and my road glide. Great cam. A bit noisy. Due to the ramp on the cam lobes. Still a great cam. Take a look at the dragos 565 cam. There's a few dyno graphs in the dyno section.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So far i really like my 222's in my 2011 FLTRU. Torque comes on strong from 2900 on up, but 3200 to 4k they will push you back in your seat... I think you will like them.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
222's or Andrews 48's.
Both good producers in the low-mid.
Crane has a good one also, as does S&S.
On paper(dyno) you'll see a tiny difference, but seat of the pants, no.
Remember, there are NO magic cams, magic beans maybe, but no magic cams.
Scott

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hillsidecycle,

You mention the 48h, is there a reason you left out the 57h?

interested in your thoughts,

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
Woods 222 cams

I went with Woods 222 after HarleyAgain had them done to his bike.
I had mine dyno'd by Ed at Dyno Difference and I'm very happy.
I don't have the best intake or exhaust for the best performance but Ed tuned it to 108.2 ft/lbs and 86.2 HP which was a nice improvement.
Thanks to TripleJ for installing the cams and HarleyAgain for choosing Woods 222.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the TW-222's in my RGC on the recommendation of my engine builder / tuner. 95 hp / 115 tq. I couldn't ask for more from a cam swap.

I would suggest you talk to your enginer builder / tuner to see if they have a preference.

I think you'd be happy with either.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I went with Woods 222 after HarleyAgain had them done to his bike.
I had mine dyno'd by Ed at Dyno Difference and I'm very happy.
I don't have the best intake or exhaust for the best performance but Ed tuned it to 108.2 ft/lbs and 86.2 HP which was a nice improvement.
Thanks to TripleJ for installing the cams and HarleyAgain for choosing Woods 222.
BTW, welcome to the tank..it's abt damn time you posted something!

·
Registered
967 Posts
57 H for me better, better HP about same TQ exhaust setup will come to play to make a difference. Lots of opinion best to go with your tuner that will make a difference. The 57H have better top end both are very close on lower end. Good luck.
103 will wake up with a cam work for sure.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
646 Posts
andrews cams

i use andrews 54h so when i change pistons for more comp or do 107 upper end the cam is already done.my friends with the 255 have more low end torque-none can hang with mine for passing.in jan. will raise comp to 10,&p&p the heads.look at the install for future mods if any

1 - 15 of 15 Posts