Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Andrews 57H cams came in today. I have some time this week off from work so I should have them in by week end. Got Fuel Moto rods too and T-168 bearings.

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Subscribed. 57H is #1 on my list, too. Looking forward to your opinion of it's performance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My Build

2012 RGC:

Dragos Headers and True Duals
Roland Sands Breather
Thundermax

Andrews 57H Cams
Black Ops Lifters
Stock Push Rods
.30 Cometic Head Gasket
30 Tooth Primary Sprocket

It's now feels the way it should.... balls to the walls!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Be prepaired that you may also need cam-chain tensioners and possibly a calibrated washer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just put a set in my buddies 2012 last Sunday, took me around 5 hours with adjustables. Getting it tuned next wendsday, I will post the sheet when its done

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just buttoned it up after that. It was still raining pretty good so I just started it and let it run some in the driveway. Used a tune map from FUEL MOTO to get me close and will auto tune the rest as I ride with the Power Vision.

Sounds great and really has a nice idle. I have a video of idle and rev with the cams but have to find out how to upload to this site.

Weather looks good for tomorrow and I have a ride planned to see how it feels. I'll advise after.

I have to give a ton of credit to the awesome You Tube video by JPcycles and S&S for a superb walk through of the install process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5KvamRqCis

Also, thanks to this forum and members who regularly help out.

Rat

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Felt like a kid at Christmas this morning. Was still raining in the AM but I just had to go out anyway. After a couple hours it cleared up. Put about 220 miles on it after an all day run throughout eastern CT and up to Vanilla Bean in Pomfret where I saw a nice 13 orange RGC.

The bike runs real strong! Much different than stock. I had the Jackpot 2-1-2s, Vance and Hines twin slash rounds and hi-flo filter prior to cams but I am real pleased with the sound change. Especially at high rpm. Sounds good.

Power seems to really kick in at around 2,800 and from then on it just seems to really PULL HARD and seems to last as far as I can really take it on these roads, around 5,000. I typically cruise around high 2s so it really fits for me. Even at low 2s it has some nut, its just that once around 3 it really seems to just rip as far as I twist from there on. Also, seems like first gear is more usable, doesn't feel like a creeper gear anymore maybe due to less engine braking, overlap, or what ever, just more driveable.

I have yet to autotune it either. I'm not sure as to why but my powervision does not have the AT button when I power it up. Has anyone else have that isue with PV? I have had the PV since late last year from Fuel Moto so I am sure it has the feature. Maybe because I have a Mac computer and can not update the PV. In order to get the updated map for my 57s from Fuel Moto I used a friend's lap top. I'll call Fuel Moto Monday AM and see what the deal is. That being said, whatever map Jamie gave me for my Andrews 57 really seems pretty fine to me. It goes. Idles nice too. I was hoping for that SE 204 lick I have heard and it seems to be pretty close. I think Jamie said it was a map for a Wood 777. Unsure though.

I'll post any developments when I get the auto tune going.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
F
I have yet to autotune it either. I'm not sure as to why but my powervision does not have the AT button when I power it up. Has anyone else have that isue with PV? I have had the PV since late last year from Fuel Moto so I am sure it has the feature. Maybe because I have a Mac computer and can not update the PV. In order to get the updated map for my 57s from Fuel Moto I used a friend's lap top. I'll call Fuel Moto Monday AM and see what the deal is. That being said, whatever map Jamie gave me for my Andrews 57 really seems pretty fine to me. It goes. Idles nice too. I was hoping for that SE 204 lick I have heard and it seems to be pretty close. I think Jamie said it was a map for a Wood 777. Unsure though.
Sounds like you need to go back to your buddy's and run the update firmware from his windows machine. That or use Parallels or VMware to install windows on your Mac... Been there use windows on my mac all the time with no issues and WinPV works great in the virtual space.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts