Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the group. I have an 05 96" .this winter I'm doing a half tear down and id like to start with cams and paint. So i've heard good things about the Andrews Tw37 with the power ratio. Now my next concern is should i run a tuner with this set up and what tuner should i run? Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Many years ago I had a TC with a 95" with 37's and it was bad ass. I could lift the front tire off the ground. I did have a 23 tooth front sprocket which made a huge difference in the power band also. I was running slightly modified heads and flat tops at about 10.5 to 1.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Partial to Andrews Cams on my 04Electra Glide....Proven and torque monsters like above said...Give it a thought in doing a Big Bore SE 103 Kit?? I believe that kit comes with a SE 255cams and everything you need , but stay with the Andrews 37's or even 48's with mild head work....
Either way you need a good tuner and dynoed.......Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never really thought of a big bore kit. I'm trying to make this into a less Frankenstein bike and more of a "stock" monster.

·
Registered
682 Posts
if your bike is a 05 should be a 88 motor-I did bigbore on a 88 to 95 with the 37 cam-wished I had went with a little more cam and bigbore.the cam alone didn't make much difference on my 88,the bigbore did-I also changed the sprocket on wheel,dropped rpm 300 in each gear-best thing I did on that one for the money

·
Registered
63 Posts
if your bike is a 05 should be a 88 motor-I did bigbore on a 88 to 95 with the 37 cam-wished I had went with a little more cam and bigbore.the cam alone didn't make much difference on my 88,the bigbore did-I also changed the sprocket on wheel,dropped rpm 300 in each gear-best thing I did on that one for the money
37's need head work and a bump in compression to make them work to their fullest potential. Small squish in the heads also. Along with that gear change, right in the power band if you aren't the "lugging" type rider.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Never really thought of a big bore kit. I'm trying to make this into a less Frankenstein bike and more of a "stock" monster.
For those Andrews 37 Cams to shine, you will need more compression and more air flow and it will pull very hard!!
Bump it to 95ci or even 98ci and either a TW 26 or 37 Cams
with SEPST tuner...Mild head work polishing those valves to 82cc and a Cometic head gasket and it's a recipe for torque....

As you qouted stock Twinkie 88with Andrews TW 21's Cams is all you need then....Replace cam cavity to upgraded SE billet cam plate, HI flow oil pump and hydraulic cam shoes, but again, the 95BB kit comes with that, but swap SE I think it's a SE 203 to Andrews or Woods, or Easy start cams....Good luck..Cry once, Pay once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts