Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I just finished their report and you are right - awesome! Beautiful people there, amazing adventures, and you can tell the cool perspective on life that trip gave!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting this! I just finished their report and you are right - awesome! Beautiful people there, amazing adventures, and you can tell the cool perspective on life that trip gave!
You took it all in one reading! Cool!! It took me 3 days to read it all and I had to double back to the beginning to re-read everything I skipped because I was only looking at all the pictures until I realized how well his ride report actually was :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
That was as good as you said it wood be DreamRider. WoW! That was an adventure on a whole 'nother level. Riding KTM's and yamaha's trying to keep them going through remote areas while running on fumes when your days away from civilization, would be stressful. Funny how they wound up always drinking copious amounts of beer everywhere they went. At least it helped make friends with the border guards and police! Oh, and the titties! (sorry but the localwomen only wore some cool embellishments and jewelry)

Thanks for the link Peter, I really enjoyed it. They(touring entourage) referred to a fellow named Kingsley in the end. I read that story too. He and his wife did the same kind of tour through Kenya. Funny they didn't drink beer with the "guardia" and were ticketed a few times. Go figure.

Recommended reading for adventure riders only.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was as good as you said it wood be DreamRider. WoW! That was an adventure on a whole 'nother level..
Recommended reading for adventure riders only.
Yeah good reading to take me to a winterless place!
He's got 10 other Threads started in the RideReports Forum(LINK)..I'll be perusing them some while the white shit is on MY pavement ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Wow!

I was riveted and read the whole thing. Really an incredible ride. They had some bad luck but were lucky it was not worse. You have to be a true adventurer to attempt a trip like this. I wondered what was the motivation to ride Angola until I read they had done military time there. Quite a feat.

FACE

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks for the link!

Wow, these guys know adventure.
And the author has a great style to him.

I haven't ridden off-road in 25 years, but now I am having a hankering for it.
Makes me even consider going to Africa for the first time in my life. Gave me a whole different perspective on the place.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am a little over half-way through his zambian joyride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584006

OMFG, Metal Jockey and Hennie are tough!

lions, elephants, hippos, crocs, tse flies, carrying infatable pontoons to float the bikes across rivers.....

I keep checking the photos to see if I can spot the wheelbarrows these guys must use to carry their nutsacks around!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
This story is incredible!

And it's making me feel incredibly guilty. I'm supposed to be working, but I can't tear my eyes away from reading this!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the link!

Wow, these guys know adventure.
And the author has a great style to him.

I haven't ridden off-road in 25 years, but now I am having a hankering for it.
Makes me even consider going to Africa for the first time in my life. Gave me a whole different perspective on the place.
Africa has got me thinking seriously about planning something like that. Or at least head out with experienced tour guides...if that`s possible.
I'll be checking out that other link you posted also. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Just finished the Angola report...now on to the others. Great find Peter, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just finished the Angola report...now on to the others. Great find Peter, thanks for posting.
Someone from the our forum posted another story about an american couple on a U.S. road trip and I came upon these other Great ride reports! Lot's of good reading :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Remarkable Story.....

I'm not sure the word "adventure" adequately describes this story. There are a lot of things going on here, besides being well photographed.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I was thinking there must have been a Canadian amongst that group of riders. Every time they stopped somewhere they were into the beer. And it was warm BLACK LABEL at that! whoa thats hardcore drinking right there.
cheers!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
absolutely fantasic. i was finally able to finish the angola story. incredible. thanks for posting that. looking foward to reading the other link that was posted

1 - 18 of 18 Posts