Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Packing up and getting ready for tomorrow. Headed to St. Francisville, La. for lunch and visit The Myrtles Plantation. From there down to Port Allen for the night. Getting up Saturday morning and headed to the prison for the rodeo. Our first time and it should be a hoot!. May can take a few camera phone pics since cameras aren't allowed.

http://www.angolarodeo.com/

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Packing up and getting ready for tomorrow. Headed to St. Francisville, La. for lunch and visit The Myrtles Plantation. From there down to Port Allen for the night. Getting up Saturday morning and headed to the prison for the rodeo. Our first time and it should be a hoot!. May can take a few camera phone pics since cameras aren't allowed.

http://www.angolarodeo.com/
Whatever you do, if they ask you to have a seat in a metal chair, DON'T!!!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Been their many times leave early to avoid bumper to bumper traffic . Leave all pocket knives at home . Still trying to talk the wife into spending a night at the plantation .Lots to see and take in. The early rodeo isn't as crowed as the one in October . Lots of crafts and food hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been their many times leave early to avoid bumper to bumper traffic . Leave all pocket knives at home . Still trying to talk the wife into spending a night at the plantation .Lots to see and take in. The early rodeo isn't as crowed as the one in October . Lots of crafts and food hope you enjoy it.
I heard about the traffic. We hope to be there when the gates open.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've been there 3-4 times. Interesting rodeo. Lots of great "prisoner made" stuff there too. Expect to do a lot of waiting around too.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been there 3-4 times. Interesting rodeo. Lots of great "prisoner made" stuff there too. Expect to do a lot of waiting around too.
I have the waiting around part down. Standing in lines and waiting is a few of the things the Navy taught me...LOL

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rodeo was awesome. The arts and crafts the prisoners do were beautiful. Like one inmate told me who did some beautiful wood burnings, "If you don't learn anything else while you are here you will learn patience.

Food..OMG! Everything from Crawfish to Gumbo, Frog Legs, fried chicken, wraps, cajun dishes, burgers, BBQ, and more!

The rodeo was a hoot! A couple prisoners had to be taken off on a backboard but that's part of the danger of it. The thing is they gave 100% to entertain and do the best they could during their event.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone. If you want a good deal on some beautiful wood products, bring a trailer and load up.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The rodeo was awesome. The arts and crafts the prisoners do were beautiful. Like one inmate told me who did some beautiful wood burnings, "If you don't learn anything else while you are here you will learn patience.

Food..OMG! Everything from Crawfish to Gumbo, Frog Legs, fried chicken, wraps, cajun dishes, burgers, BBQ, and more!

The rodeo was a hoot! A couple prisoners had to be taken off on a backboard but that's part of the danger of it. The thing is they gave 100% to entertain and do the best they could during their event.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone. If you want a good deal on some beautiful wood products, bring a trailer and load up.
Pretty sure you loaded your belly. :) Did you buy any neat stuff? I've still a stainless belt buckle with an Indian head on it that I bought there in the early 90's. Great workmanship.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pretty sure you loaded your belly. :) Did you buy any neat stuff? I've still a stainless belt buckle with an Indian head on it that I bought there in the early 90's. Great workmanship.
The wife got a ring. Thats about it. A friend is going back with a trailer to get some wood products.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts