Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Curious how many people encounter this issue with their RG. I plug in Car Play and everything works fine until it starts to disconnect non-stop, finally displaying an error, re-setting, then asking for wire to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset. Pretty annoying especially if you're driving and don't want to pull over every time it happens.

Any known fixes for this? I'm on an Android.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Ok are you using CarPlay or Android Auto? Either way you probably have a bad cable.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Not sure if it’s the same with Android Auto, but 9 times out of 10 with this s type of issue with Apple its a bad cable. Is there such a thing are a factory Android cable.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use the digital ant magnetic charging/data cable no issues for over a year yet for Android auto
Microphone Font Line Audio equipment Material property

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue with my '21 RG using Android Auto. It's a known issue and quite common from what I've read. A lot of people recommend getting a quality cable like an Anker brand so I did and it seems to disconnect less frequently but it still does. It's quite frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I have the same issue with my '21 RG using Android Auto. It's a known issue and quite common from what I've read. A lot of people recommend getting a quality cable like an Anker brand so I did and it seems to disconnect less frequently but it still does. It's quite frustrating.

I used to have problems with disconnecting with android auto, but since there have been several updates, it's become quite reliable. Same cable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I purchased magnetic connection cables. Will give those a shot to see if that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its because the cable you guys are using isn't good. I had the same problem with my android auto on my 21RGS. Bought a good quality cable and I've yet to have that problem anymore.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
840 Posts
So mine disconnects sometimes when I hit a bump, sometimes out of the blue. It is a rare occasion. But it seems to happen at least once on any ride of substantial time on the road. So I bough a new what I thought was high quality ribbon style cable. (1st purchase) Then last week on this forum Titan cables were pointed to. Well I have one of those shipping to me now. (Purchase #2) I also went to the craft store and bought a 8x10 foam sheets which is really thin so it would not eat up space in the glove box and I lined it with the foam. If the cable is in this week I leave for a trip for 2000 miles and will give it a shot. If this doesn't stop it I plan on lining the box with smallest bubble wrap I can find, probably from a mailing envelope. I will keep these cables in mind. The titan cables were really spoken highly of on this sight. Not available on Amazon or Ebay according to website. However the sight does provide discounts during the ordering process and after.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
depending on what phone you have (physical size limitations), you might could use the hd compartment liners. the right one has a 'hammock' for your phone.

I am considering that on my it all else fails list. I have doubts to it size and nothing is posted. They could at least tell us the size of the phone pictured.

·
Registered
2021 FLTRXS 114
24 Posts
My iphone 12 XL barely fits in there now, if I used a liner, it definitely wouldn't fit. I was having these same issues, than I got a 6 inch long connector off Amazon, no issues since.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am considering that on my it all else fails list. I have doubts to it size and nothing is posted. They could at least tell us the size of the phone pictured.
I have these and my iPhone 12 Pro Max fits in, I use this 90 degree cable with it and have no problems
Data transfer cable Rectangle Font Parallel Usb cable

Reactions: louisiana rgl

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
My iphone 12 XL barely fits in there now, if I used a liner, it definitely wouldn't fit. I was having these same issues, than I got a 6 inch long connector off Amazon, no issues since.
the hd liners replace the plastic inserts that are in there now. they appear to be even thinner so using them may actually increase your room. you'd have to check.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi everyone I am having an issue with my 2020 RG I connect via Bluetooth and I want to play Apple music I begin to ride off and a few minutes later the music stops and a symbol appears on the screen the only way I can describe it that it like a square with an arrow on the far right of the display any info? or help? so I pull over and switch apps to Amazon music and its fine until I reach my distention..

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
hi everyone I am having an issue with my 2020 RG I connect via Bluetooth and I want to play Apple music I begin to ride off and a few minutes later the music stops and a symbol appears on the screen the only way I can describe it that it like a square with an arrow on the far right of the display any info? or help? so I pull over and switch apps to Amazon music and its fine until I reach my distention..
I am curious, are you on Wi-Fi when first connecting via Bluetooth on your bike, than riding off? Maybe the switch to LTE is causing the issue? I had something similar happen to me a few times, now I wait till I know my phone is on LTE, than I start the music. I know in my driveway, my phone still shows Wi-FI.

·
Registered
2021 FLTRXS 114
24 Posts
the hd liners replace the plastic inserts that are in there now. they appear to be even thinner so using them may actually increase your room. you'd have to check.
Well I'll be damned. I didn't know those liners came out at all. Had a '13 Road Glide Ultra, '18 Standard, and now a '21 Special. Learn something new every day.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
1,872 Posts
These are liners, not a replacement. 🧐

1 - 20 of 22 Posts