Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching and was unable to locate any answers.... sorry if I missed it. But I bought a 2015 Road Glide Special an just put 2k miles on it. bought it with 7400. Lately I've noticed a loud distinguishable squeak/chirp which sounds like its coming from the front end when I go over moderate bumps or bigger. any ideas what the culprit could be? sounds like its coming from the front inside the fairing or handlebar clamp area.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
I tried searching and was unable to locate any answers.... sorry if I missed it. But I bought a 2015 Road Glide Special an just put 2k miles on it. bought it with 7400. Lately I've noticed a loud distinguishable squeak/chirp which sounds like its coming from the front end when I go over moderate bumps or bigger. any ideas what the culprit could be? sounds like its coming from the front inside the fairing or handlebar clamp area.
I was going to say , lube your exhaust slip-on bracket where it slips into the rubber grommet, but that's in the rear.

Reactions: Doug06rg

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Exhaust related would be my guess.

Reactions: Doug06rg

·
Registered
519 Posts
Check your gas cap door. I isolated my noise issue there on my '17 RGS.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am currently in the process of eliminating squeaks and rattles in my front end as well. The squeak/chirp you are hearing might be where the cowbell meets the plastic body colored trim piece. I've just taken this apart as well as the gauge cluster and added weather stripping to areas and have applied a thin layer of cloth tape to wherever two hard surfaces meet. (Like where the gauge cluster surround mounts to the fork legs) So far this has eliminated a good bit of this. Another culprit was actually the small chrome plastic piece beneath the fork lock. It clips into the gauge cluster and is a plastic on plastic connection. The two of these rubbing together was a "rattle point" for me as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve been dealing with a similar squeak that’s been driving me crazy for a couple of months. Sounded like it was coming from front end, perhaps forks. Was often able to hear it when getting on bike and just tilting it upright off kickstand, however, pushing down on bars was hit or miss. Slight road imperfections nearly always caused the squeak. While I was gettIng ready to store the bike for the next month or so I happened to just press on the front left side of my Lepera seat and sure enough, the squeal was heard. Took the seat off and squeal was completely gone. I’ll soon locate where it’s rubbng and eliminate what was once a very annoying issue.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Front end noise

So.... every time I would enter my driveway or a curb into a plaza, the front end made a creek, clang noise...

I ended up having to adjust my front steering bearing. The swing was too loose.

just a thought.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have no idea on bearings, the bike just got to feeling little loose and I didn't want to push it. Pulled over and dealer sent trailer to p/u when got to dealership tech said I had blown front wheel bearing also said wasn't the first they had seen lately. Fixed everything, bearing, wheel, and tire, under warranty and was on my way.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts